Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have 2014 Forester xt. I got the stock 18" wheels on it, need new tires asap. Probably just all seasons. Looking for some good affordable tires

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
433 Posts
What price point are you looking at and your location (for winter situation)?

My tires are up for replacement within a year and I am planning on Altimax RT43 H rated $100/piece approx. If you want cheaper, the cheapest I have noticed on the board is Douglas at Walmart, $60-$65/piece but I would question their winter performance if you are in one of the snow belt states.

According to my research and limited experience, any tire for < $100/piece is going to be tricky in snowy winter. I know money can be tight at times. Stretch the budget if possible, your vehicle is not exactly old yet.

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,929 Posts
If you have a Discount tire in your area, they have good prices on Faulkens.
I got the Pro G4 A/S - They run quiet and do well in snow and on dirt for a general purpose all season tire.
I'm on my 4th set of Faulkens on several different cars and I liked all of them.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,836 Posts
I've had good experience at reasonable cost with Hankook H727 from Discount Tire Direct. Living in New Hampshire, I always choose my 'summer tires' in part based on their snow rating, since you just never know ... .

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
156 Posts
I had General Altimax RT43 tires installed on my mom's 2012 Legacy (205 60 16). Good touring tire for the money. Better handling than the factory BS Turanzas, little bit more tread noise when new but worth it for the improved grip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts