Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FXT 4EAT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all -

Recently got back into a 2007 SG9 FXT and need to do something about the audio...quickly!

Would really love to do a sea-scooby style ‘stealth’ sub install in stock location (8 or 10 inch if it fits?) - anyone know where I can find one of these kits these day?
Or does anyone have some templates lying round?

Cheers

·
Registered
2003 Forester SG9 XT 5MT
15 Posts
I struggled to find one. Ended up going with underseat for the stealth and to save boot space.

·
Registered
2007 FXT 4EAT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran one of these in an SH9 I used to own - but that was because of the lack of suitable ‘stock’ locations available. If it all fails and I can’t find a kit, or get motivated enough for a complete DIY I might go back to the under seat option...

The SG9 is ‘blessed’ with having the space for a sub in the trunk walls/cavity and I would like to use this space where I can. At a minimum - a pair of amped 6x9 or 5x7 would go a long way to round out the sound profile and fill in a few gap (mods/lows) that running 4 door speakers only provides.

Good heads up though that these kits are hard to come by these days...guess I’ll just work on my patience and sit/wait for a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts