Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Beautiful Forester you have there Ozark08, looks amazing!! I plan on doing full sti conversion with brand new 2007 6 speed with dccd, iag closed deck engine, suspension, etc, and am choosing this over a new chevy SS sedan, because it is more useful for my needs, but I am also planning to hold onto it for a very long time, so I am willing to pay a premium for as best of an example as possible.
Thanks! Hopefully get the 08 back on the road this week. '11 is my daily for now, then it'll be for sale :(

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I hopefully can find a low mileage bone stock example so I can modify it how I see it, instead of having several year old mods, and a chassis with 150k plus on the clock, too high mileage for me, and too many unknowns. Would prefer to do my own performance mods and do things my way.

·
Administrator
11,790 Posts
^ agree. Probably easier to find hen's teeth! :wink2:

I'm thinking the only remote possibility would be to find a JDM import but of course they are RH drive. For example, an ex-work colleague of mine in Japan with a small Peugeot traveled just 8700 miles in 5 years!

·
Registered
51 Posts
What others said... For the price your willing to pay, just find the cleanest body you can regardless of the milage and buy it.. If your going to completly rebuild it with a STi setup, milage doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hmmm, I've got one. Mine is 2003 XS Forester with all the toys and just reached 60,049 miles. Leather seats and all the power options available in 2003. I looked at a 2018 today that I probably will get to treat myself. The vehicle estimator checked my 2003 out and came back in and he said "wow, for all the years I've been in this business, I've never seen such an old vehicle in such wonderful shape' There is virtually no rust, never been in any accident and all the check boxes are green on the sheet they gave me. One dealership said 3,500. and another said 5,000. I am planning to sell it myself in the end. There are multiple people that have told me they want to buy it.

It's been very good to me and I did the same in return.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2008 FXST with 6300 original miles. White with 5MT. Garaged since new and immaculate. Light mods include Swift springs, STI sway bars, Cobb Accessport, Prodrive muffler, Invidia downpipe. Original STI wheels and tires.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts