Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 2.5X
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well the last time I logged in to this forum, I was thinking about buying a Forester. 3 Months later I have a low K 2003 Forester X 2.5 Not an XT I know, but it's great never the less.

After some time wasting planning my Alarm installation and working out how to interface it with the existing keyless entry wiring, I realised the Factory Manual I obtained from (I forget where) the net must be a LHD US version, and the electrical colour (color for the yanks) coding is all over the shop to what I found in my X.

The Keyless entry module has the exact connector style and # of pins etc as in the LHD manual. But what has happened is the US factory decided to swap all the wire colour codes around as oppose to the Japanese factory build. (that's my conclusion). So rather than muck around for hours buzzing out what wire goes to where (been there done that too many times) I am after a Japanese RHD (Right hand drive) and/or Australian manual. At lease for the Electricals.

Can anyone help with a link to a 2003 X Forester factory manual?

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 2.5X
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I have managed to locate the version of service manual I need.:banana:
I am using the manual for the Forester 2004 and the wire colours so far match up. The manual is a 3612 page publication with LHD and RHD details.
Found via OZFOZ.COM.AU 04foz.pdf

I'll post the results of the Alarm install once I'm complete.

ps: I have a 2003 X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts