Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm looking for a 2005 xt limited 5spd (any color) or preferably 2006 blue xt limited.

Mileage is not important (lower of course is better), the lower number of mods the better. Body condition is my biggest priority other than a manual with a moonroof. A car outside of the salt belts is what I am looking for.

I am willing to travel anywhere in the US to get it and know it will take a while to find a good candidate.

I'm a Subaru enthusiast and this will be replacing a 2002 subaru wrx wagon. (it has a v7 swap but it is time for something new)

thank you,
Ryan

·
Registered
140 Posts
Those are tough to find, but not impossible. I was overjoyed when i found mine. 05 FXT 5 speed, moonroof and leather, and a clean underbody for a 12 y/o VT car. downsides being horrible paint, slight rust spot on the front fender, door dings and 184K. Oh well, at least its fun to drive :grin2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very cool. yeah my scale is a sliding scale on these due to age of car and it not being my primary car. I want to avoid horrible rust to keep body mostly clean. That and working with rusted bolts everywhere is a total pain in the ***. my 02 wrx is pretty clean considering it is MN; The car was south for a few years so that bought it some time. I have no rust on my fenders but inside the wheel well there are spots just starting to show. It'll take a few years for it to show up visibly yet.

I'm really looking forward to a forester. I looked for a decent 02 s a few years ago but ended up getting the wrx wagon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

I've located a (relatively) lower mileage stock regal blue xt limited 5spd and I've secured it with a deposit. Thank you for the PM's and info I've been given.

I'm looking forward to switching to this forester forum and learning about these. I do have a few quick questions.

1. From quick searching it looks like sports grille should fit limited bumper. Is this correct? I do like the sports bumper and might pick one up in the future once I decide how to address the lack the lack of fog lights.

2. I have a jdm STI scoop that is on my current 02 wrx wagon and will either have it painted or just sell it painted and pick up another. For clarity does the 02 bugeye jdm sti scoop fit? Or is there a forester specific STI scoop that is being referred to? I like the oem jdm bugeye scoop as it's taller than stock but doesn't look overkill

thanks,
Ryan

·
Super Moderator
35,498 Posts
@atacamar congratulations on the Forester purchase! :cool:

From quick searching it looks like sports grille should fit limited bumper. Is this correct?
Yes, but if you buy new, it's expensive. :icon_eek:
Take a look here in my Member Journal: Sports grille to Limited grille swap!

I have a jdm STI scoop that is on my current 02 wrx wagon and will either have it painted or just sell it painted and pick up another. For clarity does the 02 bugeye jdm sti scoop fit?
The JDM '02-'03 STi scoop fits '04-'08 XT hood. Take a look at my write up here in my Member Journal: STi scoop upgrade - Part 3

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
10,887 Posts
Thing with XT is I wish it had the gearbox from the WRX -- taller gearing would help stretch it's legs better, especially with a VF turbo or larger. Taller gearing for 2 liter, shorter for 2.5 -- Subaru, what were you thinking lol?

Glad you found a Regal Blue, it's a cool rare color along with Newport Blue. Congratulations.

Stan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info everyone. I have a feeling i'm going to like this forum, very helpful. I'll introduce myself in the new members thread when I actually get sit and can take some photos of the new forester. I have a bunch to learn for sure. i know the 02-07 wrx really really well having 02 wrx sedan i rebuilt and saved from a junkyard (my first subaru) and working a lot on the 02 wagon. I should post the rebuild thread of my sedan, its a fun read.

Thing with XT is I wish it had the gearbox from the WRX -- taller gearing would help stretch it's legs better, especially with a VF turbo or larger. Taller gearing for 2 liter, shorter for 2.5 -- Subaru, what were you thinking lol?

Glad you found a Regal Blue, it's a cool rare color along with Newport Blue. Congratulations.

Stan
oh man, don't tell me that about the gearbox. My wagon has a version 7 jdm 6spd & 2.0 in it. It was put in by my brother before i picked it up. Those gears don't get any shorter... :surprise: It's great for the power band but not so much for highway cruising. I would love taller gears like the later us sti 6spd or legacy spec b 6spd. I have to imagine the forester has taller gears.

After a few silver and black cars in my past I'm really glad to have found regal blue. i hadn't even seen a single newport blue xt; must be pretty rare.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stan_t; I noticed the vw beetle for your profile pic, tough to tell from the small picture but betting 66 or older. large rear window so post 61? I can't quite remember anymore when they went larger rear window after the split window. I had a 66 myself quite a few years ago. the original 1300 was gone when i acquired mine and was replaced with a single port 1600. I still have my 1300 badging and an older wolfsburg yellow crest that went on the hood of the older, longer front noses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.