Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium Touring
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from Colorado Springs. I've been visiting the site as a guest, and now I can finally join as a real-life Fozzy owner.

My first car was a 95 Impreza sedan, and I've had a love for Subies ever since. In 2008 I was looking at a Forester XT or Mazdaspeed3 and ultimately went for the MS3. It's been 13 years, and I still never stopped thinking about the XT I test drove. I went through the MS3, a few Honda builds, classic Chevy trucks, a lifted Toyota Highlander overland build (the brolander) and for the last few years I've daily'ed a Harley and Ford E-350 camper van.

When I was building the 2009 Brolander, I would frequent this site a lot as the Highlander was closer to a Forester than a 4runner or Tacoma. This site is where I learned about Australian King springs, spacer lifts that work, stop sign skid plates, etc. Unfortunately, when you turn a mom-crawler into a lifted rig rolling heavy-weight 33's, it just ends up causing a lot of wear and tear (keep that in mind the more you build out your Forester). I kept going though axles and wheel bearings and after fixing it for the 3rd time, I sold the Brolander and bought my E-350 from a school district. I've been slowly converting the van into a capable overland/music touring rig. I love the van, but my wife was getting tired of driving it to work the 2-3 days she has to go into work.

So, after a few weeks of shopping we found this 2014 XT Premium Touring with 96k miles for under 15k. We are the third owners, no accidents. It's going to be wife's daily (I work out of the house), and it's not getting anything crazy done to it since we already have a dedicated off-road van. However, I still have some of my bolt-on accessories from the Brolander (roofrack, spare tire hitch carrier, maxxtrax. etc) that will probably end up on there as well as a set of 17” wheels and good 225/65/17 AT Tires.

Photos of the FXT are from Rampart Range Rd. We headed straight from the dealership to the nearest forest road so we could give it a good shakedown.

-Brett

Falkor.jpg

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,746 Posts
Welcome to the Forester XT family. Enjoy your new-to-you Fozzy (y).

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium Touring
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Forester XT family. Enjoy your new-to-you Fozzy (y).
Thank you! Currently stuck in the "let's find any and every errand we can run" phase when I get off work these days. It's been a blast to drive and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts