Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester xT Auto
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased the car back in January 13' and made my first post on the forum HERE. I have owned Subaru before and was glad to get back into one. Sold my 02 BMW 330i and have not looked back. The Black XT had 36K miles on the odometer and was an auto and always locally own and driven. I could not pass this up.

Members journal caught my eye since so many of you do a really great job documenting things and I wanted to pass that help along also. Thanks to you all so far who have helped make this forum awesome.

Brakes
- PowerSlot Slotted Rotors
- StopTech Stainless Steel Lines
- StopTech PosiQuiet Ceramic Pads
- ATE Type 200 Brake Fluid

Exterior
- Black Grill
- Black Headlights
- 15% 3M Tint
- Sports Front Bumper Conversion

Interior
- Sony XAVAX100 6.4" Car Play Media Receiver
- Jazzy iPod adapter
- Dash camera behind rear view mirror
- ProClip Phone A/C Mount (these are the best)

Suspension
- STI Rear Swaybar

Wheels - 18" OZ Superleggera with 235/40/18 Tires - SOLD
Back to Stock

Engine
- intake silencer removed (turbo spool noise is nice to hear)
- GFB adjustable BOV
- Perrin Inlet
- STI TIMIC
- Grimmspeed Intercooler Coupler Kit
- COBB Catted Downpipe

PM if you have any of the following for sale:
04 Silver BBS Wheels, Swift Springs

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Forester xT Auto
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Black Headlights & Black Grille

The weather was great this Easter weekend, cool 70s. After seeing how big of a difference this mod was, I had to give it a shot. Of course after starting with the grille, that made me want to do the headlights.
Thanks to MikeyMike post HERE and 2point5awd HERE for the instructions.

It took me all of about 4-5 hours. I started with the grille and got the 1st coat of paint on that. While that was drying I started the bumper removal and 1st headlight removal. Taking breaks along the way to add more coats of paint. Then got the 1st headlight disassembled using a blowdryer and some patience. I attempted to tape it up but like others realized the removal of tape lead to uneven lines. So I ended up spraying the whole thing black. While the first light got its 1st coat of paint I then started on the second. This overlapping method really helped me not get frustrated and allowed proper drying and layering of paint.

Pics below (using my S3 and not DSLR) of the process and a good before/after comparison shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Forester xT Auto
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LED interior Lights

Ordered some Diode Dynamics LEDs for the front, mid and rear. Stage 2 is stated to be slightly more brighter than stock. Install was super easy, customer support was great. Happy with the entire process.
Photos taken with S3, in garage, all lights off (except for Rear-Before :( )

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts