Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a tip. The stock rear wiper blade on my wife's 03 Forester was 15" long. The rubber on the blade was shot so I replaced it yesterday. After measuring and determining how high up on the rear window the 15" blade swept I realized that I could replace it with a 17" blade. Since "things" often inexplicably fail to work out for me I split the difference and bought a 16" blade. After installing the new 16" blade and turning the wiper on and seeing how high up on the window the blade swept, it turned out I was right. A 17" blade will work and reach just to the top of the window. The point of course being that you might as well use a 17" (or even 16") blade as it will clear off more of the window. BTW, I bought (at Walmart) a blade and frame combo that said Michelin on the package and is made by Pylon. Looks like a good unit. $5.67.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
I put a 16" ANCO Winterblade on teh rear of my 03 and it doesn't wipe the entire swipe. I've tried bending teh wiper, flipping the wiper, etc. No dice. 15" wipers are hard to find.

The did change the rear wiper on the 04+ forester. The 03's are like the front wiper, metal arm with a hook on the end. The 04+ is a big plastic contraption.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
mikebike357 said:
I put a 16" ANCO Winterblade on teh rear of my 03 and it doesn't wipe the entire swipe. I've tried bending teh wiper, flipping the wiper, etc. No dice. 15" wipers are hard to find.

The did change the rear wiper on the 04+ forester. The 03's are like the front wiper, metal arm with a hook on the end. The 04+ is a big plastic contraption.
Didn't know that. Thanks.;)

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
I did the same thing after the composite arm broke after a rally-X (little too bumpy me thinks)

Metal arm and a 17in blade.

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Benrock05201 said:
Was that a metal arm from a 03?

Ben

Metal arm from a 03 will fit better.

I had a arm from a 97 ish outback that I used.

Free> $$$$

:lol:

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
2,225 Posts
Hondaslayer said:
Metal arm from a 03 will fit better.

I had a arm from a 97 ish outback that I used.

Free> $$$$

:lol:
As long as it was free and it kind of in a round about way fit I say run with it.

Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts