Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my Honda Civic got stolen by a crackhead fleeing the cops. After doing much research it seemed like a Forester would be the best car choice for me. It gets pretty decent gas mileage, more comfortable/better driving than a Civic for my commute, can carry a bunch of clunky guitar cabinets and amps to shows, racks for the surfboards, and if I want to get off the paved road to do some shooting on BLM land I could do worse.

Well, my boss advanced me 3 grand and I bought a '98 Forester. Tell you what, it's definitely gonna need some work, but I love it already!:woohoo:

Looking forward to gaining some insight and wisdom from the experts here.

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
So, my Honda Civic got stolen by a crackhead fleeing the cops. After doing much research it seemed like a Forester would be the best car choice for me. It gets pretty decent gas mileage, more comfortable/better driving than a Civic for my commute, can carry a bunch of clunky guitar cabinets and amps to shows, racks for the surfboards, and if I want to get off the paved road to do some shooting on BLM land I could do worse.

Well, my boss advanced me 3 grand and I bought a '98 Forester. Tell you what, it's definitely gonna need some work, but I love it already!:woohoo:

Looking forward to gaining some insight and wisdom from the experts here.
Welcome!

You'll have to come out to our meet in a couple of weeks and show off your new ride!

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f67/lets-get-so-cal-meet-going-71267/

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,756 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Sorry to hear of your loss, but congratulations on the new Forester. Lots of great information here on the forum for repairs or MODs. :smile:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring (CDN) CVT
123 Posts
... And welcome from Halifax NS, just outside of one of the best YEAR ROUND surf beaches on the East Coast (I don't surf myself, but you might want to do some checking out of Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia, Canada).

You mentioned that you expect to be asking some questions... If you put your year/model/tranny info in your signature file on here, it will make it easier for us to help out, plus you won't have to type it every time!

Happy Fozzing!

brian.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Check to see if it had head gaskets done. Register on my.subaru.com with your VIN and see if there are outstanding recalls.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
CA all daaaaay!!!
Welcome!

·
Registered
2004 XT
825 Posts
ya man welcome. come to the meets and do some research! you will never stop learning on here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts