Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one having a 2.0L normally aspirated engine? Or am I just sitting here in deep dark night having a first time - first thread experience? How many of you are out there who have just four pints under the hood?
:woohoo::Banane08::banana::Banane14::Banane17: :Banane29: :Banane35::rock::bananapartyhat: :bananapowerslide: :Banane02::bling:

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
I don't know. If I had a na instead of a turbo it would not bother me anyway. Many power hungry people here :raspberry:

·
Registered
2014 XE CVT
1,344 Posts
Another 2.0 l n/a here - quite sufficient power for today's traffic conditions! Never before owned a car for such a long period (six and a half years), because I'm still satisfied with it, it shows no signs of wear, and there's nothing on the market I'd rather have.

The latest Forester is too large, and even the diesel is unattractive because it would take me a lifetime to recoup the extra cost over the petrol engined model, as derv is 10% dearer than petrol in the UK.

·
Registered
2008 Forester X 2.0L
67 Posts
You are not alone.... :discomonkey:

I have a 2008 forester 2.0L N/A with dual range....

Not too much acceleration but good in almost any kind of situations....

Yesterday I drove a XT for the first time.... just one thing to say: WOW....

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
How many of you are out there who have just four pints under the hood?
:woohoo::Banane08::banana::Banane14::Banane17: :Banane29: :Banane35::rock::bananapartyhat: :bananapowerslide: :Banane02::bling:
Don't waste them..........get a cooler for inside the car..........the engine compartment gets to hot! :shrug: JK.....had to though, I saw humor there!

·
Registered
2009 Forester
4 Posts
Fxt '09 2.0x

I am from the Philippines. Great car. Do not need much speed in our hiways. But I love the car during zigzag road going to the mountains. Nice grip.

nonetheless, any safe modifications to increase power?

:biggrin:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great! Welcome to the most exclusive club on earth...
We're five people on the Forum with a 2L N/A:

bunkelmans from the Netherlands
orienteer from London/UK
Juan Pablo from Panama
ernel from the Philippines
myself from Vienna/Austria

Let's give the Turbo guys some pain: What gas mileage do you get? Mine does 8.5L/100km on average (70% city driving), 6.7L/100km best (100% highway). Thats 27.67mpg average and 35.10mpg best...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha Ha Ha Ha...........That's good, I like it! Wanna go to the track?
Sure, thats the sole point of having the turbo... the point of having the N/A is watching the turbo guys sweat at the gasstation! Two kinds of pointless fun, what a great car! :D :Banane29:

Welcome to the club Subarka, still Winter in Russia?

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
966 Posts
Sorry Boys !

The Diesel Club is more exclusive. Only four of us on the Forum. :catfight:

dpm-R5oss-JJ68-Tarka :biggrin:

·
Registered
'99 S-turbo
1,766 Posts
The Missus has a '98 GLS. NOTHING ever goes wrong with the engine, so if you are looking for some peace and quiet, this is the place to be!

·
Registered
2008 Forester
4 Posts
Great! Welcome to the most exclusive club on earth...
We're five people on the Forum with a 2L N/A:

bunkelmans from the Netherlands
orienteer from London/UK
Juan Pablo from Panama
ernel from the Philippines
myself from Vienna/Austria

Let's give the Turbo guys some pain: What gas mileage do you get? Mine does 8.5L/100km on average (70% city driving), 6.7L/100km best (100% highway). Thats 27.67mpg average and 35.10mpg best...
My fuel is Liquid Petrol Gas and the price at the moment in Holland is 0,44 € a liter......... It's very cheap and I use about 9L/100 km!!! My range (Gasoline+LPG) is about 1000 km's!!:banana:

Greetzsz Bunkelmans

·
Registered
2008 Forester X 2.0L
67 Posts
My fuel is Liquid Petrol Gas and the price at the moment in Holland is 0,44 € a liter......... It's very cheap and I use about 9L/100 km!!! My range (Gasoline+LPG) is about 1000 km's!!
There is any specific conversion kit for the forester??? here in panama sells too the liquid gas,,, my brother car have it... how about the performance???

well I did the exercise.... I Fill Up my tank and wait until my low fas light turn on.... I did 415 km in the city... Im not a slow driver so im think that could be better if I propuse...

then I fill the tank with a gallon (3.86 L) of gas and wait again until the light goes on.... i did like 50 Km (with out A/C) so was like 13 km per liter

best regards

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
^ I did not get your point here but if it means anything I think many uses the metric system. I know we do. The US don't it seems.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts