Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forrestor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have a couple of quirks. and hopefully there are answers out there.

1 - when you turn the car off and try to open the door. why does it stay locked? is there an option to set that? along with once moving it auto locks?

2 - if I want to control the windows and I have them locked why cant I control the back windows without unlocking them?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,091 Posts
No disrespect intended, but the basic answer is "that's the way it is."

We could perhaps do better if you were to set up a signature containing the vital info that describes your Forester. Year, model, transmission type ought to do it just fine. That way this will show up whenever you post, and we can fine tune our advice on this and on any questions you might have in the future. And listing a location a lot more specific than 'PNW' might serve to help us give you good info about local sources of parts and service, and perhaps even offer some in-person assistance with the big jobs.

You can get to both profile and signature by pulling down Quick Links from the tan bar at the top of every page.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
As bbottomley said, it just is. The lock button for the windows basically just kills power to the switches. It could have been done differently, but it wasn't. As for the door locks, I agree it would be nice to have an auto lock/ unlock function. The easiest way to accomplish this would probably be to have an aftermarket alarm installed.

·
Registered
2010 Forrestor
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess the way it is, means the future is dim and technology advances wont make it to subaru.

you'd think by 2010 these would be standard like most year 2008+ cars.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
So are we to infer this car of yours is a 2010?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,091 Posts
There have been near-endless discussions here on the relative merits, both safety and convenience, of automatic locking, automatic unlocking, and one push remote unlocking vs. two. It boils down to a matter of personal preference, and there will never be a conclusion.

There appears to be no easy mod to change the way things are without getting into aftermarket accessories.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,091 Posts
thats what I put in the about me section when I signed up and its moms
A quirk of the way this place works is that this info just kind of sits there, a few levels deep down inside, and people have to make a special effort to get to it. Sometimes they just don't bother. Putting it in your signature makes it show up automatically, every time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts