Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FORESTER BASE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i'm new to the forum and just bought a base 2019 about a month ago and loving the car so far but my wife and i noticed something strange about the door locks - we are able to open the doors from the inside while they are locked without unlocking them. while the doors are locked, we can just pull the door handle from the inside and the locked door opens, even while the car is moving (we tested in a parking lot :wink2:). we're kind of worried about this as we sometimes babysit my nephew and while we usually enable the child locks when he's with us, we're still worried about what can happen if he somehow tries to open the door when it's locked.
I've never had a car with doors like this so wondering if the doors are supposed to be this way? or is there a way to turn this off so one must unlock the door to open it?
thanks for any help,

·
Registered
2013/14 2.5i-L CVT
939 Posts
we are able to open the doors from the inside while they are locked without unlocking them
Which is the way they should work, imo. The last thing you want to be doing is scrambling around trying to unlock doors to get out of the car after an accident when you're likely to be somewhat confused.

·
Registered
2011 Forester
119 Posts
This is normal, for every car I’ve ever owned,except at the rear where you should have a child lock that will prevent this. Please consult the manual (read cover to cover) someone has spent 1000s of hours preparing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2019 FORESTER BASE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm thanks. my 3 previous cars (1 car 2 trucks) never did this. always had to unlock the doors before opening from the inside so this is new to us.
guess i must have missed it in the manual.
thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts