Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester X
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I lost my remote and can't start my car I towed it to the dealership and they said it in lock out mode and can't disengage. Do any one know how to disengage I have the apline system in mine. Please help

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,959 Posts
I'm not familiar with "lock out mode"? Assuming you have the factory security system, on the '04 X it was pretty simple... no chipped, immobilizer security. :confused:

If the alarm sounds when the door is opened, insert the key & cycle it 3 times... lock to on (within 5 seconds), the alarm will stop & you can start the engine. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2004 Forester X
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok the dealership said they tried that and it was in lock out mode

I tried myself and it didn't be work

·
Administrator
38,959 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester X
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll they said they couldn't disengage it

IDK what they meant they did disconnected the battery and reset it but I do want to Know a way to start it without the fob just in case this happens again

·
Administrator
38,959 Posts
I'm assuming you can now start the engine.

If they were able to reset the system by disconnecting the battery, then my guess is that the security system glitched. By disconnecting the battery & reconnecting it, the vehicle electronics was reset.

Assuming you have the keyless entry + the security system. The keyless entry was standard, but the security system was optional in the '04 model year.

Something to keep in mind... if you have the security system.
If you get out, lock your doors with the electric lock & close the door, you just armed the security system! When you open the door with the key, the security system alarm will sound.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts