Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester Automatic transmission
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The serpentine belt, that runs the altenator and power steering pump broke, had a friend try to replace it but when they went to put the new belt on they unscrewed the locking bolt to the altenator instead of just using the long tensioner bolt. Now they can't figure out how to get the locking bolt back in. When you look at it through the slider it looks like it should go into the altenator no problem with the extra spacer. However when you try to screw it in it doesn't catch at all unless you remove the spacer. Could the spacer just me left out and the bolt screwed into just the altenator? Help I have no other vehicle and only a couple hours before I ha e to pick my child up from school

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,749 Posts
I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

I'm going to guess you've resolved this problem, but I attached a diagram below that will help if you still need to discuss this issue. :wink:

As I recall, working on my alternator, if the pivot bolt is removed, the steel bracket it screws into will fall off. The bracket needs to be held in position so the threads of the pivot bolt will thread into it.

Bobby...

Just in case you need it.

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts