Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Forester XT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Helsinki, Finland and am planning a trip by ferry to Tallinn, Estonia to stock up on cheap beer and wine supplies before Christmas. Can anyone tell me what is the maximum weight I can load into my 2007 Subaru Forester XT? I was planning to buy 500kgs (about 60 24 can cases), is that overdoing it or could I buy a few more? Await feedback with baited breath :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,698 Posts
My 08 Forester says passenger and cargo weight should not exceed 408 kg. Check yours on the B Pillar on the driver's side.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Forester XT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the B pillar but nothing about load capacity there, only tyre pressures. 408kg seems quite conservative, 5 big occupants could weigh that much before adding any luggage... Thanks for the feedback in any case.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,698 Posts
I checked the B pillar but nothing about load capacity there, only tyre pressures. 408kg seems quite conservative, 5 big occupants could weigh that much before adding any luggage... Thanks for the feedback in any case.
Yea..sorry. I know what you are saying. I owned a 4WD toyota truck and the net load I could carry was about this amount.
It has a lot to do with liability. Certainly you could carry way more but again handling is sacrificed.

I remember when I was young..my girlfriend and I delivered phone books (lol) I remember we had the rear seats out and there were phone books everywhere. 1957 Chevy. I am guessing we had way way more than this.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Try very low on the passenger side B pillar.

Best of luck,
Jim / crewzer

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Should look something like this... on our '98 it's at the bottom of the b-pillar on the driver side, under the door latch.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Forester XT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the photo, there is a similar sticker on my Forester but it only gives tyre pressure information, mine's a UK spec Forester so I guess it must differ depending on the market. I'm only going to have to drive about 30kms loaded so it's not like it's going to be a long drive. Thanks for the feedback

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Do eeeet! But you MUST post pictures of your Foz loaded with 60 cases of booze! :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts