·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
install
http://flickr.com/photos/lizardspd/sets/1139681/
and switches
http://flickr.com/photos/lizardspd/sets/1240824/

i now have the switch panels almost done, i need to size the screw holes and make some standoffs.

i was driving last friday and lost the switch that was zip tied to my shifter and couldnt turn them off without turning off all the other lights at the same time, meanwhile a poor innocent soul was headed the other way. so sorry whoever it was, i'll get this fixed soon.

G

·
That is awesome looking, i should start up a project like that, nice lights and switches, I'm just wondering why you have so many switches?????

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they include
fog lights
driving lights
rear fog lights
radar detector
and an empty one for future possibilities

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
I'd think they would look pretty "bond like" behind a swinging (hiding) door

But then again, the red protection covers look like you mean busniness

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it will replace the ashtray and door, the panel will mount rigidly to the trim panel.

and i might actually get it done in a few weeks at the end of the quarter!

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
prepare for takeoff!, you could really mess with passengers with a switch panel like that
great install very clean and well documented. can't wait to see the final install of the instruments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what did you say about my subie? (finger on right side switch cover labeled eject)

its not in the car yet becuase there are 2 holes is didnt drill at the shop and my roomate's drill was not at home. i just got back from skiing and now i need to study for my final in the morning after i take a shower. so it will be in there sometime soon. its been too long in the making so i would really like to see it in my car as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got those holes drilled and even made 2 more standoffs so i'm not stacking washers for the top 2 holes.

went to install it and so here we go!

back plate mounted to trim panel

new standoffs for top screws.

cross section showing the different lengths involved

what i've been driving around with for months

where i want to put the new part

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

the back plate hits another screw back there so i will have to back to the shop for the 3rd day in a row to lop all the corners off before i can finally wire the switches and clip the trim back.

ACK!!!! so close but so far

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
whats the push button operate?

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
whats in the Neon green circle ???

sorry for the 2yrs old arrow

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats the temporary switches for the driving and fog lights, they will be removed when the panel is installed and the boot will be put back

1 - 20 of 30 Posts