Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after a week with a new head unit and keeping my ipod in the glvoe box i decided to go with a little change. i wanted my stock look and accessablilty of have the ipod in the center console.

i ripped apart the stock AUX unit in th center console and modified it to fit in the pioneer cabe in the same location.

a little bit of drilling, filing and some hot glue to keep everything in place and here are the results.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Nice, I like.

I've noticed that the newer Pioneer units don't have just the single iPod connector for audio/video anymore for some reason. My old AVH-P4000DVD used just the iPod cable for both audio/video and charging. But for some reason, the models right after went to the headphone jack/iPod cable combo. Is that how yours is too?

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I like.

I've noticed that the newer Pioneer units don't have just the single iPod connector for audio/video anymore for some reason. My old AVH-P4000DVD used just the iPod cable for both audio/video and charging. But for some reason, the models right after went to the headphone jack/iPod cable combo. Is that how yours is too?
yeah i thought it was strange that it has a separate aux for audio and then a usb port. i think they wanted people to be able to use a separate usb connection for a thumb stick or something

1 - 3 of 3 Posts