Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 X Premium
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys was selling an awesome lower front bumper spoiler for a regular bumper Forester that I totaly missed out on. I believe it was a JDM SF part. Does anyone know where you can purchase this spoiler in the US?? I found it on line but it was from Japan and cost almost as much to ship than the actual spoiler itself. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
I'm assuming you wrote SF meaning Subaru Forester but just to avoid confusion, SF is the term we use to describe the 98-02 Foresters, and SG is the term used for 03-08, SH for 09+ (probably 14).

Yeah unfortunately, andivic was your best option.. you could try PMing him to see if he has any more shipments from Japan coming and if he could help you find one, but he doesn't frequent here (also try him on NASIOC). Other than japanparts.com, you're pretty much out of luck on that piece as it is a JDM part and it isn't sold here.

Your last option is to just switch to the Forester Sports bumper (in Japan, the Forester Sports front bumper is actually the Forester STI front bumper), which would eliminate the stock fogs, but you get the better look. You can then mitigate by using aftermarket fogs.

·
Registered
2007 X Premium
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for clarifying the SF SG SH thing. I was hoping it would be easier than that. It seems so expensive to get one from Japan though. I like the look of my front bumper with the fogs. I guess I'll just have to wait for someone to sell another one. Kick in the nads. I am in NYC too!!!!

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
I wish there were an easier solution to this ^ :icon_sad:
yeah. hopefully subaru starts just importing the JDM style. sure, it's more aggressive but it looks so much better! i don't know what is going on with the market research and why ugly crap always ends up on our side!

Thank you for clarifying the SF SG SH thing. I was hoping it would be easier than that. It seems so expensive to get one from Japan though. I like the look of my front bumper with the fogs. I guess I'll just have to wait for someone to sell another one. Kick in the nads. I am in NYC too!!!!
Yeah, no kidding. But try to contact him anyway. fujisvx on AIM if you happen to use that. i want to retain my fogs too but there's something about jdm fronts and their use of fog covers over fog lights.. :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts