1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5X AT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I got my new 2005 Forester this week - there is significant difference between
front and rear tires, yes I know now the consequences, did not know when I purchased the car :icon_frown:
Any way my new tires will be available this week but I wan to drive in limb mode until they installed.
So i know where the fuse, but manual has nothing about it's value?

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Fuse for what? getting it in 2wd?
If that's so it's only on the cars with Automatic transmission.

Edit: If there is a fuse for putting the car in limp mode, I'm not aware of that.

·
Registered
2005 2.5X AT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it's 2.5X - auto - need to put it in 2WD for a few days to prevent possible damage to AWD because tires model, tread wear different between front and back.
Sorry, for confusion, I have seen people on the forum call the 2WD drive as the "limb mode "

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
yes, it's 2.5X - auto - need to put it in 2WD for a few days to prevent possible damage to AWD because tires model, tread wear different between front and back.
Sorry, for confusion, I have seen people on the forum call the 2WD drive as the "limb mode "
I see. I never used it but from what I read it should be marked in the fuse box under the hood. put in the spare fuse and the 2wd light in the dash should light up when you start the car.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Check your fuse box under the hood (by the driver side strut tower). There's a fuse box diagram on the underside of the lid. Look for the socket labeled "FWD" and insert a 15 amp spare fuse into it.

·
Registered
2005 2.5X AT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, Thanks, pleiad7,I will use 15A

Drivers manual has location and note but no actual value.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
In the 09, the fuses are located on the underside of the lid, something I discovered after I pulled what I thought was a spare from the fuse block and then had to reset the clock...:icon_redface:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,942 Posts
Yes, there are a lot of people here who can't spell! :icon_wink: Spelling seems to be becoming optional.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Yes, there are a lot of people here who can't spell! :icon_wink: Spelling seems to be becoming optional.
I don't think the forum rules says anything about the need to spell things correctly so yes it's optional :biggrin:

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
Well, if you want answers, it helps to correctly spell and word your question...I could not even imagine what "limb mode" meant and limp mode is not much better (yes, I know, so you can 'limp' home).
-Quick

I don't think the forum rules says anything about the need to spell things correctly so yes it's optional :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Well, if you want answers, it helps to correctly spell and word your question...I could not even imagine what "limb mode" meant and limp mode is not much better (yes, I know, so you can 'limp' home).
-Quick
Limp mode comes from when you get a CEL and the car perform very bad while the CEL is there. Besides that I don't know. (CEL=Check Engine Light)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts