Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the new RSB made such a difference I decided to order up the FSB and end links for both the front and back. Perrin rates the rear installation a one on a scale of one to four, they rate the front installation two on the same ...can't be that hard right ?

Any tips on doing the FSB installation ? I read I can't use ramps for this install, so there must be some differences.

Perrin 20% off sale ends today, saved me a few bucks.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
I used ramps when I did mine. It's not hard, just takes more time to do.

When I did mine, I only took some bolts off of the subframes and loosened some, so that they can drop a bit to allow the removal and install of the FSB. You'll know which ones you need to take off and which ones to loosen once you get under there.

For the stock endlinks, you need an allen key to stop it from spinning. And don't tighten the jacking plate too much, I stripped 2 of 4 bolts/nuts and I wasn't even trying.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,844 Posts
Funny, I hated the RSB when I installed it. It gave me way too much oversteering! Installing the FSB corrected it. You can view my installation here. It's for an '07, so it will be different from your '09, but it'll give you an ideal of what it takes. It's not as easy as installing the RSB, but not that difficult. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts