Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the undercarriage of my 2004 Forested washed at the car wash today and now my parking lights and tail lights are on and stay on even with no key in the ignition. How do I get them to turn off? Pep Boys said all fuses are working properly.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Had the undercarriage of my 2004 Forested washed at the car wash today and now my parking lights and tail lights are on and stay on even with no key in the ignition. How do I get them to turn off? Pep Boys said all fuses are working properly.
The switch on the top of your steering wheel collumn

Edit: You should see it right away when you look on it. I belive they have it there so you can turn on the park lights if you park at the side of the road in the dark. Or some other reason you need to make sure your car is seen without having the keys in.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,943 Posts
This means that the car wash people also dusted your steering column! And subjected you to the official Subaru initiation. Welcome, you're now one of us!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Oh right. I failed to notice. Welcome :biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

Yes, it was simply a matter of finding the switch and turning it off; it must have gotten switched on at the car wash during interior cleaning. Thank you for your assistance, it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
No problem :icon_wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts