1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think?

ICT Schaltknauf - 1CK12 1CK12

Apparently the brand is really high quality, reading some reviews on Rennlist and such.

It looks like you'd have to slide this on, then set-screw it in place. I'd probably drill a small divot into the shifter so the set-screw doesn't spin.

I'd prefer an actual thread-on option, but it doesn't look like that is possible.

I also have no idea how to go about affixing the factory shift boot. It looks like the knob is MUCH larger in base diameter than the factory knob is.

I've been mildly interested in having an illuminated shift knob ever since I drove my first M3.

Thoughts?

It'd be about $85USD to get it here.

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
357 Posts
That looks kinda neat. I wonder how it would look on top of a KB short shifter?

And I bet you could get one of the vendors that provides suede or alcantera (sp?) shift boots to make a one off design that would fit the larger diameter knob.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting to hear back from the company about some key dimensions. If it looks good, I'll consider picking one up after I finish my current mods.

·
Registered
03 FoFo X
22 Posts
It's sort of useless, yet definitely still intriguing and probably looks great if it matches your dash cluster or other interior lights.

I wonder how long that battery lasts, probably a while being that it's just an LED. Or am I just assuming that it's battery powered?

What does "not for reverse gear locking!" mean??

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What battery? It wires to 12V from the car.

Not for reverse gear locking means you can't have a collar-pull required to get into Reverse, or it won't swap.

I don't think it is entirely useless. I actually think it would be pretty nice. Driving a BMW at night totally changed your perspective on how the interior of a car should be laid out. Having some level of ambient lighting really takes strain off of your eyes and lets you keep the other gauges much dimmer. Do a night-test drive of a BMW X3 or 5-series with a lighted shift knob.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I believe a reverse locking gear is like what the STi 6 speeds have. You have a seperate "collar" you pull up to unlock reverse so you can shift into it.

I think the knob is kind of cool, but not $100 USD cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts