Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife + car + knackered garden fence = expensive :shake:

Mostly seems to be residue left by offending post. No deep scratches or creases found so far. Can someone recommend something to lift the crap off and leave the remainder intact please?

cheers
mike

:tissue::tissue::tissue:

Attachments

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
any cutting polish with remove most of that, providing you haven't scored through the top coat.

All the black will come off at the minimum....

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Seconded, T-cut or similar, wife did similar on her Celica and after about 1hr of judicious use it was gone, one deeper scratch I touched in (technique with thin scratches, touch in leave for 1 minute then wipe off excess with white spirit, it removes the overpaint but leave the paint in the scratch!).

Simon

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simon, that's a great tip, cheers for that. I've noticed a couple of deeper scores since I last looked (about 30 seconds ago - I'm still fuming!!!)

I'll give it a go with the old compound first. Cheers all

mike

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Someone left me a nice scuff on the back bumper last week. I was amazed how much of it came of with some Farecla compound and a bit of sweat.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Depending on the damage, you can usually get it off with a solvent like isopropyl. Used to use it on my mustang for the bumper corners that my parents always managed to drive -through- the corner of the garage door.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah cheers mykp!!! :) constructive advice only please! :))))

combination of white spirits and t-cut paste being applied tomorrow. Will let you know results. Posted about touch up paint supplies too if anyone can help there..??

cheers
mike

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
If you buy a touchup paint don't use the brush in the cap, buy a nice fine one from an artists shop. Also don't brush the paint out, apply with a dabbing motion so the metallic flakes are more even.

Max.

·
Registered
2011 Volvo XC60 Auto
554 Posts
If you can't get it out with a cut, try going over to your local bodyshop and ask if they can run over the area with a polishing mop

It may leave a few swirls, but it'll probably get most of it out

·
Registered
06 Forester
388 Posts
meguiar's ultimate compound

available at your local walmart and auto stores at around $10..

this thing works really well even if applied by hand..

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good shouts everyone, given me a clearer picture of various routes to take. Yet to find a decent sprayer at reasonable cost here in Sheffield so if anyone knows, please let me know!

cheers
mike

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
from that (above) to this in half an hour. result! :bacon:

now to go about the BIG deep score I put in the same panel just last week :icon_redface:

mike

Attachments

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Looks good...what did you do to it in the end..?
Used Photoshop :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously came up very clean, must have been a very slight graze.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, photoshop! :icon_rolleyes:

turtlewax cutting paste and some soft cloths. Very satisfying job I have to say, sad as it is! :biggrin: It came up a treat, there was one light scratch on the plastic lower door trim. I followed Si's recommendations and filled it with touch up then cut it back (I left it an hour ot two though, it's fekking freezin' today). Then I waxed the lot. No other scratches, dinks or owt. Job done. I'm now of the beief that I have saved myself at least 150 on a blow over from my new best mate Lewis the sprayer, so effectively the spoiler and the replacement NS heated mirror were free. RE-Sult! :biggrin:

Seriously though, after me giving her indoors what for after that episode, I have left a huge score in the paint 6 inches above the rear arch after reversing round a corner using a kids bike's brake lever for guidance... :icon_redface:

ouch.

more touch up required but i ain't brave enough just yet!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts