Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I enlisted my brothers fabrication skills this weekend on a visit to the parents. We put this together with 1" light walled box steel and a wire welder.... the idea is off the rally innovations bar but with a twist... lots of measuring cutting, welding, checking, rechecking, cutting welding and beer, this is the near complete bar... i'll update the pics as i get it painted and the lights mounted and wired

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks you guys....

subieoutlaw- i wanted something different thats why i went with the box steel and then one step further by rolling it and going with the diamond look.... if i wanted the tube steel i could have but my brother made this suggestion and I liked it and here we are...

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
787 Posts
Looks good! Do you experience any vibration of the lights with them on? I see some vehicles with lights on that look like their a bouncing/vibrating; very annoying when oncoming.

·
Registered
99 Forester S auto
56 Posts
dang thats pretty good for beign made out of square stock. i made mine out of round tube. i tyred to post mine in the lightign thread but i need 15 post to soo. until than. but Porps thats pretty sweet!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good! Do you experience any vibration of the lights with them on? I see some vehicles with lights on that look like their a bouncing/vibrating; very annoying when oncoming.
i haven't mounted the light yet... the picture is with them zip tied on, i was trying to figure out if i wanted them on the top or bottom and how many.... i'm pretty much 100% positive the bar won't move... i mounted it in the same exact way that the rally innovations bar is and i can literally move the front end of the car around.... my concern is how sturdy the brackets that come with the lights are... i'll update these findings in a week or so when i can get them mounted and wired up

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS 5MT
101 Posts
I know its an old thread but I really like this bar! Gives me some inspiration to fab my own! I really like the square stock over round!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know its an old thread but I really like this bar! Gives me some inspiration to fab my own! I really like the square stock over round!
Thanks, using the square stock vs round was actually my brothers idea and I really liked how it turned out. GL on the fabrication if you decide to go for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts