Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I justed picked up a 98 Forester about 2 weeks ago. I have the 1 inch strut top lift on the way. I would like to do a strut bottom lift also before I do the strut bottom lift I would like to get the spacers made for the sub frames.

I have not seen for myself any lifted Foresters. For the Outback Subaru installs spacers at both sub frames and uses different lower control arm bushings than the regular legacy. Is this about all I would need for the Forester? Would I need spacers at the rear of the control arm and also for the rear trailing arm?

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
I justed picked up a 98 Forester about 2 weeks ago. I have the 1 inch strut top lift on the way. I would like to do a strut bottom lift also before I do the strut bottom lift I would like to get the spacers made for the sub frames.

I have not seen for myself any lifted Foresters. For the Outback Subaru installs spacers at both sub frames and uses different lower control arm bushings than the regular legacy. Is this about all I would need for the Forester? Would I need spacers at the rear of the control arm and also for the rear trailing arm?
Everything in the drive-train bolted to the uni-body needs to be spaced accordingly when doing a strut bottom lift.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have to measure the lift that the strut bottom lift will give me. It appears that it would be about 2 inches. I don't think I want to space everything out that much could I get away with 1.5 inch spacer on everything.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am having 2 inch aluminum round bar cut into 1.25 inch pieces for the sub frames and the diff cross member. Just need to work on the spacers for the trailing arms, lower control arms, drive line and transmission cross members. I think 1.5 inch round bar will work for the rest. Has anyone tried this with round bar before?

·
Registered
1998 Forester
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only thing I am not sure about is the steering universal joint. May need to get a different one.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
56 Posts
Please post pics as you do this. Im really interested in something like this myself and would love some help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts