Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a gallery but it seems the off road people hang out here so why not have the lifting guide here as well. We can break it down to what is sold in the USA vs elsewhere and where to buy items with photos and reviews.

Please also provide information on what works, what other modifications are required, what tires fit with what mods and so one.

·
Premium Member
2016 XT Touring CVT
656 Posts
Keep in mind that Primitive also has King springs to achieve lift as well.

One can get anywhere from 3/4" to 2" lift from springs.

They also have rear sub-frame alignment kits to re-center the wheels, since going up in the rear moves the wheel forward.

Good stuff! :rock: Thanks for the thread!:woohoo:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
This is a gallery but it seems the off road people hang out here so why not have the lifting guide here as well.
I've moved it to the main offroad forum instead and stickied it.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT w/ 4WD on demand
305 Posts
Paranoid Fabrications has lifts for SF/SG Foresters too. His website is a bit confusing though, you kinda have to hunt and find the proper lift as the "Forester" tab only has the SG rears. If you know when they changed the struts type it easier as he only has Impreza and STI listed.
If you email him with questions, he get back to you PDQ.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT w/ 4WD on demand
305 Posts
As for tire size, I'm running 215/70/16 Cooper CTS and they've been great on dirt, mud and road. I havent had any boulders to test them on so I cant say tell you good or bad.

Due to my spare on the roof and want to carry a kayak I am looking for other options. Heres what I found in 215/65/16:
Toyo Open Country H/T, General Grabber AT-2, Yokohama Geolanders AT-S, Maxxis Barvo AT-771, and Bridgestone Deulers H/T 689.

anyone running a 225/65/16 offroad tire? And do I HAVE to have the same size spare, 60 vs 65?

·
Registered
2006 Forester XS 4EAT
315 Posts

Ironman Lift Springs (60mm)
OBX Adjustable Trailing Arms
20mm Spacers (for inner tire clearance)
SG rear Struts
Rear Camber Bolts
225/70/16 Hankook Dynapros ATM (I will go with 215/70/16s next time)

Swapping this all over to the 05 FXT soon since my old SF HGs toasted.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XS 4EAT
315 Posts
you have any rubbing?
I did have some decent amount of rubbing at first before I got the spacers and some manual labor. I did do some inner front fender and rear strut perch massaging with the mini-sledge hammer for a little more clearance. I have very little rubbing now - only on the front on tight lock-to-lock on the front inner fenders. The OBX adjustable rear trailing arms helped out a lot with re-centering the rear wheels.

Like I said in my first post, I would go with a 215/70/16 AT next go-around for less of a hassle (preferably the BFGs). :)

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what is your lift plan? since there are a few ways you can do it.
My plan is this

Moore Performance 2" strut lift and trailing arm spacers - should be here this week
16" XT wheels (here) and 215/70/16 General tires
Maybe king or iron man springs down the road.
Skid Plates - Working on those
Custom end links ( Loyale Fab is making these)

This is stage 1 of my build. Here is a pic of the 16" wheels installed but with OEM size tires

IMG_1987 by Pam_Cakes_KY, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 190 Posts