Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be lifting my forester this weekend with a Streetrays 2" lift kit. My only concern is that its advertised as a 2" lift but after talking with the company they claim that the 1.5" strut spacers that are in the kit will give me 2" of lift... is this true?

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the message they sent me today.

"Sorry for the confusion. The thickness of the spacer is proprietary and it has nothing to do with the amount of lift you're gonna get.
The amount of lift depends strictly on the "angle / geometry" of your lower control arm vs the strut overall length. So adding a small amount of spacer (length) to the strut will result in a larger change in suspension
lift."

·
Administrator
17,688 Posts
G'day & Welcome aboard @Brandon_fxt

A 2" lift implies a 2" strut top block, not 1.5"

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!.....That's what I was thinking too I just wanted to make sure, thank you for clarifying that for me

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Kevin I got a set of whiteline camber bolts but do they replace the original camber bolt up front or do they go on the bottom bolt?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Kevin sorry for all the questions, I'm new to lifted foresters but one last question just to confirm. I need camber bolts in the lower hole on the struts in front and then I need camber bolts in the rear in the top hole right?

·
Administrator
17,688 Posts
I don't remember "exactly" but that sounds correct to have 2 camber bolts in each strut. But - it depends how much correction the strut blocks give and the amount of lift. You won't really know until a wheel alignment is done as to whether it can be aligned within tolerance. My overall lift is fairly extreme with blocks, raised springs and custom struts that have raised spring perches.

Sorry I can't be more definite but only a wheel alignment will tell what's needed unless the lift manufacturer can provide specific details for your vehicle.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much! I will be taking it in this week to get an alignment so far everything looks very good. The amount of lift I have is 1.75"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts