Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's '19 should be arriving next week. We're going to do the LP Adventure 2" lift and are thinking tire sizes. We want to keep the stock wheels, and preferably not use spacers. LP has a customer build featured on their site that is a '19 with the stock 18" wheels (Ricardo G. - Hawaii), and they're running 255/55-18. I wonder if there is any rubbing on those tires. It would be great if Ricardo G. is a member and could chime in, but I'm hoping someone at least has some experience with a lifted '19 running that size.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I highy doubt our stock rims 18" has the correct backspacing. Most likely will need some wheel spacers. I saw another sport model on pintrest from a dealer with 255-55-18 on stock rims. Wheel spacers are cheap and the wheel well doesn't look like there is a bunch of plastic sticking out anywhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not exactly the same but here is one for comparison. Pictures aren't great as it's been raining in Alabama lately, but here is a 2019 Premium with Konig Backbone Wheels 17x7.5 with 45mm offset and 235/65R17 (29.1") Hankook Dynapros on it. The tire size you are looking at is 29". No lift yet. I get just the slightest bit of rubbing on the inner front fender liner at full lock in reverse (See Pic) and I have plenty of clearance at the spring perch. No rubbing any other time. So I would say they fit and I think this is the way it should look from the factory:) Next will likely be the ADF 1.5" lift with sub frame spacers.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any updates to this thread? My 2020 Forester Sport is arriving this week and I want to get the LP 2 inch lift but also don't know what tires and rims I'll be able to fit. Are there any other links or threads about this as I actually want to try to go smaller rims with bigger tires?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You may find this chart helpful. For what it is worth...
Thank you Gianluigi. This is super helpful to consolidate all the work I've done DM'n people on Instagram about their set ups, hahahah. Most who have the 245 set up say there's "slight" rubbing but it was too hard to understand what "slight" interpreted to so I'll make sure to post when i get my 245 in and the work I did to prevent the rubbing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have done the same work on a '20 within the last few months. I also am running the LP lift and the LP wheels. I'm sure you've found out by now that anything smaller than a 17" wheel is guesswork as to whether it'll work or not. I went through the same thing and finally caved in to the fact that most sources (including LP) were not confident with the 16". So....I went with 235/65/17 and those tires actually (just!) cleared with stock suspension. With the 2" lift in place there was adequate clearance and so naturally I thought "geeze....maybe I could'a gone with 245's") In the end though I'm glad I chose the 235's b/c @ 29.1" they are tall enough for my use and the clearance wont require any hammering or hacking.

·
Registered
2019 Sport
5 Posts
Which tires did you get @sierrajim1?
There seems to be a limited selection of tires in 235/65R17. Many people like KO2s which seem not available in that size. Looks like the reasonable options are Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus, Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S, and Firestone Destination A/T.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Gianluigi:

I think the selection of tires in 235 is decent enough. IIRC, I don't think the Pirelli comes in that size but it does come in a 225 which would be fine if you were set on that tire. You didn't list the Yoko G015 but it seems a viable contender as well. At the time, I was not really considering the KO2's b/c they are LT only which means it's very heavy relative to the others and also it's very 'stiff'. I've owned a couple sets (although never on a Subie) and IMO they are also pretty loud. I liked the Cooper but I chose the Firestone AT2 primarily b/c it is 6lb/tire lighter than the Coopers and has a more open tread pattern for dirt/rocks than the Yokos. (Yokos are also heavier than the Firestones) I'd also have been happy with a 225/65/17 but that didn't get me anywhere b/c I had no particular reason to go for the Pirellis and definitely didn't want the KO2's.

·
Registered
2019 Sport
5 Posts
Have seen Pirelli 235 in Europe, but true — have not seen them in online stores in North Am. You are right — there are many more options in 235 but it all depends on how one intends to use them. I made some assumptions (off-road and snow performance, badass look :D, etc.), which are definitely not true for everyone. You made it clear. ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts