i don't know
weird
it's way to raspy for me
i don't like it

·
Registered
04 xt
29 Posts
NICE! info on this thing? that is exactly the height I am shooting for with my xt. it looks like the struts in that are still original, nor do they look like they have blocks on the mounts. where is all the lift coming from ??

·
Registered
1999 Forester
40 Posts
Holy! That's hilariously awesome...Subaru rock climber, god. Note to mention the superb choice of music sir!

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I wonder how its lifted at the bottom of the struts. It looks to have a pretty massive body lift, so the axles are probably not at a terrible angle.

Sadly, that thing has no more flex than a stock forester, and not much more ground clearance under the important bits, just better approach angles etc. Somewhat pointless, probably would have done better with less lift and some good snow tires.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Haha yeah, I think that's the famous SF from a while back! There was a website with full info, maybe on car domain?

·
Registered
1998 Forester L 5MT
400 Posts
As awesome as that thing is, I can't but think, "Why not build it out of a real suv, a jeep or something?"

Kind of a head-scratcher there. Still, must be a hell of a lot of fun to drive!

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As awesome as that thing is, I can't but think, "Why not build it out of a real suv, a jeep or something?"

Because that's what everybody else would do.

Be the Wolf,not the sheep.:Banane36:

·
Registered
1998 Forester L 5MT
400 Posts
Yeeeah, good point. I'm kinda surprised I said that actually haha.. Being different IS a good thing!

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts

While I appreciate the originality and ingenuity of the SF, I gotta say I agree with you on this one. I can think of many better things I could do with the coin he spent modding his SF. But, that is just me. My hats off to whoever did the planning, fabrication and work!

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring 5M
447 Posts
Bad donkey Forester :)
It's freaking too niceee! Love the ending with the rocks :rock:

Simply bad donkey :woohoo:

But what with the exaust? sound kinda weird.

Next mod is H6 in that bad boys? :evilatyou:

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can foresee the day when I have solid axles under my Foz.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts