Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Did your tires have the raised white lettering on them? That would look SO sick with the white lettering face out combined with the black wheels (just my two pennies though)

Looks sick though! WHAT IS THE TIRE SIZE? 215/70's?

·
Registered
2009 Forester
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

Thanks! The lift is a Subtle Solutions 1".

Yes, I did the install myself. It was doable with standard tools in my garage but it was a bit of a pain in the donkey, would have been much easier with a strut/spring compressor. Also, an alignment was DEFINITELY necessary after the install, the wheels were visibly cattywampus.

Tires are the 215/70-16 BFG's. They are tight but fit with no rubbing yet. Wheels are from an earlier model Forester powder coated a semi gloss black. The ride has remained pretty much the same with a slight hum from the tires being the only difference noticed so far. Skid plates to come in the next couple of months.

I will post a few pictures of the install tomorrow. If anyone could let me know how to embed pictures l would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
28 Posts
Cheap Tires

Those tires are on closeout from TireRack for a screaming deal. Size 215/70/16 for $78.00, can't beat that. I can't link because this forum hates new users - I think I'm being hazed...

·
Registered
2009 Forester
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those tires are on closeout from TireRack for a screaming deal. Size 215/70/16 for $78.00, can't beat that. I can't link because this forum hates new users - I think I'm being hazed...
Yeah! Paid $78 each plus a $60 rebate...Screaming deal.

$330 for tires, (tire rack shipped to door)
$135 for wheels (craigslist and ebay)
$140 powdercoat (local in Commerce City, cheap and great work)
$235 for lift (Subtle Solutions)
$100 for alignment and tire mount/balance (local shop in Louisville)

$940 total for everything...not too bad.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
486 Posts
That looks very nice! Love the car color too :cool: Are you in Commerce City? I'll make sure to honk/wave if I see you (I'm in the Buffalo Run area).

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
wow, that looks good, it looks like it needs some dirt. :biggrin:

my only nit-pic would be to either paint those wheel weights black or have them re- sticky weight balanced.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looks very nice! Love the car color too :cool: Are you in Commerce City? I'll make sure to honk/wave if I see you (I'm in the Buffalo Run area).
SubaCool, I actually live in Boulder but work in Brighton part time as a paramedic. I'll keep an eye out for you!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts