Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
04 xt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've spent days and days reading up on lifts for fozzies, being that I want to lift my 04 XT. I think I've decided on a set of King springs, but can not find a dealer in the states. Also I can't find any definitive pics or answers about actual lift with these springs. I was hoping to find some measurements with just the springs installed, no lift blocks or anything else... I've found lots of random pics on this site, and the rest of the web, but no info pertaining to said pics. I've looked for a few of the lift kits that drop the cradle and other suspension components, but it seems like a few of these companies are not reliable, or have stopped selling the lifts??

So, if anyone knows of a dealer in the US that sells the King lift springs, or has a pic they'd like to share, I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, has anyone tried using Legacy outback springs? seems like they would be rated for a bit more weight.. maybe? just thinking aloud..

thanks!:biggrin:

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
If you decide to go w/ a lift spacer instead....

Be sure to check out our 1" lift kits available for the (98-10) Forester. A lot of guys here in the US and in AUS have these installed. I can post up pictures if you are interested.

Feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions.

Subtle Solutions

·
Registered
04 xt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info and the link, I saw these a few days ago but was a little bummed they don't come in 2".. otherwise I would probably get them.

The biggest thing I am dealing with is that the previous owner of my xt installed sti pinks and I didn't get the stock springs with the car, so the 1" spacers would barely get me up to stock height.

But I may consider getting the 1" spacers if I get the King springs, do you know if they would work in conjunction with the Kings without causing any serious binding?

That might be just right:icon_biggrin:

thanks again!

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
1" spacers and King springs will work no problem.

You'll need to put camber bolts in the rear to get the camber right but just about any alignment shop should have them on hand.

·
Registered
06 Forester
389 Posts
can anybody pitch in on how the king springs would affect ride characteristics? would it be stiffer/harsher or retain the oem ride comfort (basically just longer springs with the same specs as oem)?

·
Mr. August 2008
MY05 Forry XT
59 Posts
When I had my raised Kings installed, there was virtually no difference ride wise in harshness.
What I did notice was that there was a lot less body roll, especially when cornering.

Regards
Mr Turbo

·
Registered
04 xt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1" spacers and King springs will work no problem.

You'll need to put camber bolts in the rear to get the camber right but just about any alignment shop should have them on hand.
that's what I was looking for. thanks! I've got camber bolts as well.

Can I expect the height to be level with the kings? My car has always been low in the back with the sti pinks.. and it drives me nuts:crazy:

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
With no load it wont look saggy. Not on my car anyway. Be aware that the rear wheel arch is smaller then the front so even when it is even height you could think the rear is lower anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
Elmy,
how is the ride on yours and did you replace the struts with longer ones?
I have bad comparison since my old ones was shot struts and soft springs so the new standard replacement Kyb excel-g struts with king springs does make the car stiffer. You will notice this when you change the front suspension.
The struts are standard lenght. they have 15% more dampening rate then the oem. That's the only difference in the specs. I like it. As mentioned above you should get camber bolts for the rear since there is none.
If I'm to change anything I would like for the rear springs to be even stiffer. Not much but a little.
Hmm. maybe 1" lift kit on the rear only would be nice. Would look more like the mazda tribute then. they have a high rear end :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts