Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'08 Forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes lift gate rattles that drives me crazy. She thinks its the dog barrier in the back. I can't find the rattle,seems like its inside the door.
Has anyone else experienced this also. Its one of the many squeaks that the car has. Slowly finding them and fixing them. Its amazing how many squeaks this car has had since new.

·
Registered
Forester X
289 Posts
I have had two rattles from the lift gate. One was the license plate. Just tightened it up. The other was that the latch didn't have enough lube. Sprayed with WD-40 and solved.

Other than that, I got nothing.

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
3,123 Posts
It's the rear gate latch....remove the trim and then loosen the nuts, push the metal loop up (into) the gate a bit , tighten, try to wiggle it, re-adjust if necessary and drive it on a bumpy road, My 03 gate latch started doing the rattle thing and it drove me wild until I fixed it several years ago........hasn't loosened since then.

Steve

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
It's the rear gate latch....remove the trim and then loosen the nuts, push the metal loop up (into) the gate a bit , tighten, try to wiggle it, re-adjust if necessary and drive it on a bumpy road, My 03 gate latch started doing the rattle thing and it drove me wild until I fixed it several years ago........hasn't loosened since then.

Steve
I will give it a try. Thank you for the tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts