Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm excited to be here. I've lurked for a bit, and now I'm qualified to join.
I've owned/rebuilt/built up a bunch of Jeeps ('89 YJ, '93 YJ, '93 XJ, '95 XJ, '95 ZJ) and as of two days ago, the wife had a '08 KK. I also had/have a '93 Miata (in my father's garage, his current rebuild project). And I've always wanted a Subaru, it just fits in with my ideals.
The wife wanted to trade the Liberty for a Jeep Renegade - I wasn't enthused about the Renegade, so I proposed looking at the Forester. It checks most of the boxes for both of us - so after some debate about features and budget, and a fair bit of internet search and research, we decided upon a '17 XT Premium. Various interior bells and whistles for her, turbo and AWD for me, and plenty of room for both of us.
Little does she know the plans I have...

On a related note, anyone need any mid '90s Jeep parts?

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,919 Posts
You will be pleased with the power. Flat out impressive.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
114 Posts
Welcome to the club!
I went from a Wrangler AEV Unlimited Rubicon to my 2019 Forester...it was my 4th Jeep. I kinda wish I had the turbo motor because I like to mess with things and think an XT would be a blast. The interior and ride quality on the '19 is quite nice though...almost enough to make up for the missing ponies.

·
Vendor
313 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club! Congrats on your purchase, would be nice to see it. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts