Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,546 Posts
IIRC I bought your FSTi's OEM suspension back in 2010 or thereabouts! You used to live in London back then didn't you?
Welcome back!

·
Registered
2005 JDM STI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I should join the FB groups really. Wonder if he’s had it since I sold it, 2011ish...

·
Registered
2005 JDM STI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IIRC I bought your FSTi's OEM suspension back in 2010 or thereabouts! You used to live in London back then didn't you?
Welcome back!
I think that might have been the Australian diplomat guy, He was the first UK owner.

·
Registered
2005 JDM STI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, its still on here and no its not for sale as ive spent too much money on it lately ;-)
Glad to hear it’s still providing fun for someone!

I may get another, or I may not. Still toying with the idea.

I need a hatchback for the dog.

·
Registered
2018 Not saying.lol forwards and backwards
1,223 Posts
That's my old motor too..lol
Think i bought it in 2011 from a guy in the midlands who hadn't had it long, he just got a company car and couldnt keep it, with about 35k miles on it. I sold it in sept/oct 2013 with about 65-70k i think.

I can still just about list every mod it had done on it.
It had tein adjustable coilovers with edfc, ganador exhaust, 2 piece front brake disks, pioneer satnav unit with reversing camera, cruise control, the 18" alloys, TPM's, carbon front strutt brace, front lip spoiler, and the weather strips.

I fitted, the flaps,tegwa brake servo stopper, front light bar with HID spots, Cosworth panel filter, 3 port boost solenoid valve, uprated fuel pump had it remapped by racedynamix with print outs of 323 bhp and 370ftlb (it was still mapped for Japanese fuel), chopped off the 3 in pipe that had been welded on to the back box and had a Japanese style slash cut titanium tipped tail pipe.

In my ownership it had a new driver side front drive shaft, new throttle pedal,new rear hub nuts, new disks and pads about 3 aux belts, 3 windscreens in 10 months!!! and kept it fully serviced by Subaru main dealers, also getting a new service book and sending it around to all the previous garages that i had invoices for service work to stamp and return which the did.

Sold it for an Audi S4 Cabriolet, which i then sold for a Range Rover Sport, Which i sold last year for my current Car. (Not saying..lol)

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5 STI Manual
284 Posts
I can still just about list every mod it had done on it.
It had tein adjustable coilovers with edfc - the fronts remained on the car when i got it but the EDFC had gone and the rears where ebay specials, i replaced with Meisterr GT1
ganador exhaust - still there
2 piece front brake disks - gone/consumerable
pioneer satnav unit with reversing camera - i sold that as had a DAB radio to go in from my old XT, think someone else purchased a new one to replace it unless your the person from Ilford?
cruise control - gone before me
18" alloys - if its the ones in the pics, gone before me and replaced with Revolution Rally (which i like alot)
TPM's - gone
carbon front strutt brace, front lip spoiler, and the weather strips. - all still there

I fitted, the flaps - blue ones with STI? still there lol
tegwa brake servo stopper - think its still there
front light bar with HID spots - gone unfortunately
Cosworth panel filter - consumerable
3 port boost solenoid valve - think its still there
uprated fuel pump - think this was replaced by the last owner/would need to check receipts to a Walbro one
had it remapped by racedynamix with print outs of 323 bhp and 370ftlb (it was still mapped for Japanese fuel) - was remapped by previous owner to 350/350
chopped off the 3 in pipe that had been welded on to the back box and had a Japanese style slash cut titanium tipped tail pipe. - still there

In my ownership it had a new driver side front drive shaft, new throttle pedal,new rear hub nuts, new disks and pads about 3 aux belts, 3 windscreens in 10 months!!! and kept it fully serviced by Subaru main dealers, also getting a new service book and sending it around to all the previous garages that i had invoices for service work to stamp and return which the did. - think the book is gone but got a massive folder of receipts from time of purchase till now
So far, from memory ive had new thermostat + replaced a failed water pump (failed a month out of warranty - came from that company that used to be good but is now ****) + belts
new ac pulley and bearing
new suspension
new front brakes + fluid change
had the front seat refoamed
front lights refurbished
changed mismatched HID Bulbs to the Philips ones

The previous owner also sorted out some issues but i can still smell petrol (in rear of car now and not the front after i tighten up the braided hoses fuel lines)
The front left front light just stopped working one night but works each time now
Need to get some fogs fitted
Touch up scratches and pull dents out etc.

Regarding the spots behind the grill, did you find that the grill interrupted the light pattern or not really as tempted to fit them in the slot underneath

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Wow sounds like it had a hard life after me then. I think it had 1 trolly dent and that was it, was spotless. I only sold it as I was putting too many miles on it and didn’t want to put so many on it dropped its value.

In regards to the spots, originally they had the standard halogen bulbs in, which were like candles in the snow!

So then I fitted the HID’s

Caused a bit of a shadow on close up but in long distance they used to light the road up a treat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,147 Posts
Sold it for an Audi S4 Cabriolet, which i then sold for a Range Rover Sport, Which i sold last year for my current Car. (Not saying..lol)
Its a Prius then ? ….. no shame in it …… PA HA HA HA :wink2:

Good photo it looks like its made from glass .

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I also fitted the gauges, are they still there?

Here’s the exhaust trim difference

This was the fuel pump I fitted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Its a Prius then ? ….. no shame in it …… PA HA HA HA :wink2:

Good photo it looks like its made from glass .

I’m ashamed to say your not far wrong, I bought a brand new Nissan Leaf, I’ve gone full electric

The Lexus in front is me mums, so if I feel the need to fill that petrol itch I take that out instead.lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for the spot light pics, think ill get the small ones and have them mounted in the under bit

The gauges have gone, think the last owner sold them or maybe someone sold yours and fitted some others in as ive just got a top pocket/flap now. The previous owner fitted a boost gauge but i need how to read them properly tbh but it flutters sometimes so not sure whats up with that.

Also pulled out 5m of speaker and sub woofer cabling, nice blue thick stuff

Not sure on the overly hard life as its not drinking oil! Had an advisory that it was leaking after i had a service and took it to the Alps for skiing (didnt miss a skip) but turned out to be a leaking washer on the sump plug i think the garage said so im assuming they didnt swap over the crush nut for new. But sorted now and not touched a drop in 800 miles.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thanks for the spot light pics, think ill get the small ones and have them mounted in the under bit

The gauges have gone, think the last owner sold them or maybe someone sold yours and fitted some others in as ive just got a top pocket/flap now. The previous owner fitted a boost gauge but i need how to read them properly tbh but it flutters sometimes so not sure whats up with that.

Also pulled out 5m of speaker and sub woofer cabling, nice blue thick stuff

Not sure on the overly hard life as its not drinking oil! Had an advisory that it was leaking after i had a service and took it to the Alps for skiing (didnt miss a skip) but turned out to be a leaking washer on the sump plug i think the garage said so im assuming they didnt swap over the crush nut for new. But sorted now and not touched a drop in 800 miles.

Well it certainly seems to have found another caring owner (nice to hear). That gauge pod I had came all the way from Australia, it was the only one I could find for right hand drive, all the others around were from America and they were pointed towards the passenger and looked stupid. I was going to say, I think I still have the pod pocket flap up in the loft somewhere lol. The most exotic place I took it was Chedder Gorge lol, I still remember it now, a guy stopped me who was like a tour guide in the area, and in the strongest West Country accent ever said

“ I ain’t never seen no go faster forester beeefooorrreee”.

Does it still have the forester logos on the rear windows?

I believe these were the last photos I took for the sales adverts

I believe the OP had or maybe still has video footage of himself using this FSTI on the Nurburgring chasing down a Porsche GT3, and that was in stock power with the handling and braking mods. He had bigger balls than the Porsche driver (and me come to think of it) as the porker wasn’t leaving him on the corners just pulled on the straights but he soon caught up.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Nobody really likes change but its definitely the end of an era ...
Funnily enough, everyone thought I was mad, but with the miles I’m doing, well over 1000 a month and this costing me £0 to run I’m saving shed loads, yes it’s nit Subaru quick it’s equivalent to 150hp and instant power feels like a rollercoaster on take off.lol.
I was toying with the idea of getting a weekend toy, which is what lead me back to the forum (been absent a few years now) to check out the sales section, then I thought why not put in my old number plate just to see what pops up, and hey presto that’s how I found this thread. Lol.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It does still have the window decals but i think one is looking abit worse for wear now so might take them off soon.

Was going to post a pic of it from someones google+ account but google have closed it and i havent taken any photos in the year ive had it now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts