Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 FORESTER XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that my 2006 XT ( self levelling system ) rear schocks have seen the best days, on hard acceleration specially on snow or gravel rearwheels start to bounce ( right side one more ) and they seem to loose the "rhytm" on the ruts. Car is driven 84000 km ( 52000 miles ), is this normal????

Where to get new ones??? I want to keep the ride height but I can give up the levelling system if good ( performance ) and reasonably priced alternative is available.

Car will receive ECU reprogramming, intake and exhaust mods in couple of weeks (in dyno, roughly 280-290hp / 410-430nm to be expected) so suspension upgrade is needed.

·
Registered
2006 Forester LL BEAN
25 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get rid of the sls for stock springs and upgraded struts. I went through this a couple months ago with my 06 ll bean. It cost me have the price of the new sls with better performance. Seeing that you may be upgrading your engine, etc. get yourself some performance springs. Good luck.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
+1 just get nonSLS components. Either goto aftermarket suspension, or stock springs from a non SLS model with stock struts or KYB GR-2 or similar, or wrx suspension takeoffs.

If you swap in the non SLS struts, you MUST replace the springs with nonSLS springs as well (fitment across the range is the same, so any ~03-08 forester suspension should work)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts