Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm starting to research and gather parts for adding sportshift to my USDM 08 Forester Sports XT. I know the EDM SG Forester XT had the sportshift option, but would like a little more info.

My 08 Forester Sports XT is a bit unique to most other SG Foresters, It has VTD, VDC and is CANBUS.

So, are any of the EDM SG FXTs CANBUS?
Which ones have VTD?
Which ones have VDC?

Anyone have the part number for the TCU/TCM in an SG EDM Sportshift model? I've looked at opposedforces and they do not list a TCU, that seems odd.

I'm first starting to explore the USDM SH retrofit option, but I figure it would be good to gather the info on EDM in case I have to go that way. EDM stuff could be a lot simpler to integrate, but more difficult to obtain.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,942 Posts
Anyone have the part number for the TCU/TCM in an SG EDM Sportshift model? I've looked at opposedforces and they do not list a TCU, that seems odd.
The opposedforces site was never really completed as such and has a number of parts/part numbers missing for the later years.

MY08 LHD AT control unit with VDC is P/N 31711AL090

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The opposedforces site was never really completed as such and has a number of parts/part numbers missing for the later years.

MY08 LHD AT control unit with VDC is P/N 31711AL090
Thanks, I'm assuming that's for a sportshift model too right?

Sportshift seems to have only been on the 2.5XT correct?

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,942 Posts
Thanks, I'm assuming that's for a sportshift model too right?

Sportshift seems to have only been on the 2.5XT correct?
Yep.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,942 Posts
Very little difference between MY07 and MY08 specs for the UK.

Cannot confirm or not if the last of the SG Foresters went CANBUS but would think not.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. The ECU number is a huge help. I have confirmed that the EDM 2.5XT in 07 (thus I would also assume 08) is CANBUS.

Not a full complete picture (03-06?) but this definitely gives me some info to start looking for things.

Anyone know where I can obtain an EDM factory service manual? Over here there only seems to be USDM stuff. I even checked eBay UK and they only seem to have USDM manuals on there, strange.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,942 Posts
Thanks. The ECU number is a huge help. I have confirmed that the EDM 2.5XT in 07 (thus I would also assume 08) is CANBUS.

Not a full complete picture (03-06?) but this definitely gives me some info to start looking for things.

Anyone know where I can obtain an EDM factory service manual? Over here there only seems to be USDM stuff. I even checked eBay UK and they only seem to have USDM manuals on there, strange.
Probably the only place to obtain a European/Aus manual would be via a European/UK Subaru Dealer on CD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts