Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring (CDN) CVT
123 Posts
Yep it works :)

My fiance works in the "law enforcement industry", and was able to participate in a demonstration a few years ago... she voluntarily agreed to be Tazered! They were able to do it withough her actually being "shot" by the stun gun and have the probes imbedded - I think they taped the contact points to her and gave her a zap of well-under one second. She couldn't believe the impact that something powered by a couple of AA batteries could have on her, and she does not to want to go through it again!

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:Banane37:I have to confess that whilst i was reading this i had to mop my eyes quite a few dozen times and could hardly breath,pmsl as they say. Its quite hard to believe that there are people out there willing to try this!!

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
I born every minute!

Simon

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
879 Posts
When I was in college the electrical teacher told us, if you really must touch it, never "grab" an unknown electrical source, brush it with the back of your hand. That way, if you do get electrocuted, which causes your muscles to contract, your bicep should jerk your hand away automatically; as opposed to your hand clenching on the device, unable to let go.

I have never been tazered, but I have been shocked by varying levels of AC electricity, up to 300 Vac. Enough that I don't think much about working around live circuits anymore.

This one time, when I was young, I was replacing the light fixture in my bedroom. I had turned off the Circuit Breaker to the light, but when I removed the old light I saw the box was crammed full of different wires. So double checked the wires, I found that there was more than one live circuit in there (which is against the electrical code btw). I tried flipping a couple other circuit breakers at the panel then going back to check if the power was out on the other live wire, but I gave up after 5-6 tries. So standing on a rickety chair in my bed room I went to work at it anyways. Of Course I got Zapped. "Sh#t!" Zapped again. "@%#!" Zapped a third time. At this point I could no longer lift my arm higher than my waist. I thought it would be a good time for a break.

When I came back I turned the Main Breaker to the whole house off...

I do still work on live wires at home. Installed a few ceiling fans, changed about a dozen light switches, but I haven't been zapped in years.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
During the cold spell last winter i had to remove the spark plug from the oil burner we use at work,whilst i had my hands in there with a wrench i must have touched a live wire from the fan,i could hardly lift my arm for 2 days and that was only 240 volts.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,652 Posts
Got to be a wind up right?

Can;t beleive any "human" would do tht.:huh::huh::huh:

Regards

UNZAPPED MaC

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
879 Posts
During the cold spell last winter i had to remove the spark plug from the oil burner we use at work,whilst i had my hands in there with a wrench i must have touched a live wire from the fan,i could hardly lift my arm for 2 days and that was only 240 volts.
That reminds me... One time when I was in high school, I was working on my dads 1982 Cadillac Seville (the one with the 4/6/8 cylinder deactivation system), doing compression tests and trying to test the spark plug on one cylinder. While the engine was running I could not see the spark on the plug I had out. I thought it might have not been grounded properly, so I... ZAPPP!!! Holy Cow! That is the worst shock I have ever experienced. Do not try that at home.

I can't believe I forgot about that...

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
879 Posts
Got to be a wind up right?

Can;t beleive any "human" would do tht.:huh::huh::huh:

Regards

UNZAPPED MaC
You wouldn't believe what some people will do, just for fun... You can do a google search for Taser and certain male body parts and you are sure to find a FEW videos.

But to do it just to see if it works. Ha ha.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
I once attacked a piece of bread with a sideknife that was stuck in the toaster on my return form the pub. Never done it since... Oooh, the thought still smarts.....

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Ouch. Those 'after the pub' munchies can be lethal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts