Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the spirit of Halloween lets hear some of your tales. I hope to hear the real thing and not some made up junk. Let me start this.

Back in early 1980 when I was 8 years old, my parents decided to move into an old 2 story house built back in the early 1900's. It was my parents, my two older brothers, and myself. It was awesomely big and intimidating to look at. It had a wrap around porch that went from one side to the other. I could literally ride my bike to and fro without any issues. Prior to moving in, my brother and his girlfriend at the time and myself all went over on a Saturday morning to do a little cleaning up. My brother was born in 1960 hence the girlfriend detail. I think we were there a couple hours and my brother left to go pick up some things we needed so I was left there with his girl. Up to this point, nothing had happened around the house. So she is vacuuming the floor in one of the living rooms and I am sitting there playing with some toys left by the previous owners. I start to bang on the floor while her back is to me. She turns around and kills the vacuum. Then she asks me, "did you hear that"? I said, "yeah, what was it"? Knowing the whole time it was me. The two of us creep out of the room to the edge of the staircase going upstairs. She calls out, "yoo hoo, anybody up there"? Just as soon as those words left her lips we both heard the sound of a throaty human growl or groan coming from up stairs. I took off out the front door slamming the door behind me in the face of his girlfriend. She was screaming and we both ran out into the yard. It took a little while for my brother to return but when he did he could not believe it. He insisted we go back in but man was I scared. I finally gave in and went back in with him and he tried desperately to convince me there was nothing evil lurking around. Nothing happened while we were in there until we reached the back porch. The porch was closed in and had an old water heater or something of the sort sitting on it. Right before walking off the porch the front metal cover of the heater went flying off. He insisted it just fell off. I didn't buy it.

I think we lived in that house for 2-3 years before my dad decided it was just to much up keep and the house was in desperate need of repairs. During those years of living there I never encountered that sound again but I had many experiences with different noises. I remember a time when I woke up during the night and heard the sound of heavy boots walking up and down the stairs. I can also remember the sounds of loud thumping noises up on the roof top. I am completely convinced there was and may still be paranormal activity going on in that house and I hope one day, when I am in that area again, to stop by and see if the current owners would allow me to walk through and reminisce those years of my childhood. I would also like to know if they have experienced anything themselves. No one else in my family experienced the things that I did. There was also a night where the man living next door to us in a similar home came running out of his house screaming that there was something in there and there was someone trying to pull down the columns that lined the front porch. That just reinforced my belief that there was some strange stuff going on around there. The house we lived in was pure creepy in every possible way.

Any of you folks had any paranormal experiences in your life?

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,137 Posts
The attic of the church I once attended. Don't think anything bad ever happened up there (couldn't find anything in the church's history like a construction accident or the like), but even in the middle of a Florida summer I'd get chills for no reason in the attic, which had no significant ventilation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts