Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering if you guys know the actual length of the cargo space area with the back seats down? I know the overall cubic feet, but what is the length? I'm thinking of the possibility of sleeping in the back in a pinch on some road trips. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Limite
16 Posts
5'-2" :icon_wink:

That's from the center of the back hatch to the top edge of the folded rear seat. If you push the front seats as forward as they can go and sleep with your head at the rear near the hatch and your legs hanging off the seats, you can be as tall as 6'-2".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know. :)

5'-2" :icon_wink:

That's from the center of the back hatch to the top edge of the folded rear seat. If you push the front seats as forward as they can go and sleep with your head at the rear near the hatch and your legs hanging off the seats, you can be as tall as 6'-2".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, do you guys know how measurements and cargo space/legroom is calculated?

In other words, when they say 43" for front legroom, I'm assuming that is the max. But then if they are saying the second row is 38", is that with the front seats at max, or at the minimum? Do they basically list the max space of each even though it's not theoretically possible to have the max of each at the same time? So if they list the total cargo space with the back row down, I'm assuming that's with the front seats at their minimum legroom?

:To john16v. Wow is that a great resource. I wish they did that kind of detail with all cars. Thanks for that! :icon_biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts