Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 6speed RWD
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of Cusco Coilovers VERY cheap from a local importer. He said they came off of a second gen legacy twin turbo he brought in. They looked like they were brand new (little dirt but no scratches or anything).

He didnt know a lot about subarus and offered them too me for $400 because I was originally going to pick up a 95 Legacy Sedan for a Daily driver. I then got an amazing deal on my SF5 and i was in the garage over my winter break and thought "hmmmmm" So i pulled off the stock suspension on my SF5 and bolted these on. Not only did they fit perfectly but the car handles a LOT better, its much lower and the car still rides VERY nice. The car is stiffer but that is to be expected, but its not nearly as bad as my old WRX was with its GReddy Coilovers.

Im very happy with the set up and recommend others give it a try if they are looking into coilovers

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT '05 6mt r180 Carbonetics 1.5w lsd
1,094 Posts
What year Legacy were these coilovers from?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
First and second gen should fit. third gen with rear DW suspension wouldn't have fitted.

Bargain find!

Simon

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
They were from a JDM 1995 Legacy, so second gen. I believe the second gen started in 1993 over there.
93ish. They would sell vehicles according to production date model year, not actual model year.

So a December 1993 car is sold as a 1993, even though it has the body of a 1994.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
No they sell cars depending on model year! However what appears as a certain MY in one market may be out in another, the US is typically 1 year behind as your next years MY now comes into the Market in the previous July!

Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts