Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I've just looked at Toyota Matrix forums and there was DIY on how to install LED stripes into headlights. Has anybody done this on their SG5? If yes, then can you give a link to DIY?

I also thought how would angel eyes will look on fog lights. I think it is possible to install them inside the fog or use LED stripes to glue the outise around the light. Anybody done this?

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For the LED strips, here's the end all be all thread:

For the angel eyes, that would look really rice. If you're into that sorta thing, then knock yourself out. Sorry, but I can't help you with your installation question...
Well, may be they will look rice, but at least they will perhaps look better than LED eyebrows on SG5 headlamps. LEDs on SG5 don't look good. I hope my FXT was 06...

I'll perhaps install angel eyes outside around the fog lights but not eyebrows, and if it is no good then at least easy to remove them as well as install them. I think could be done without removing the fogs.

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Sounds good! Once again, I don't know anything about the installation of the halos in the fogs. Maybe someone else here on the forum does... :N_poke:

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
I take it you haven't seen my car yet :biggrin:.............

Click the "Journal" link on my signature and it'll take you to my Journal where I do a semi-write up of what I did.

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take it you haven't seen my car yet :biggrin:.............

Click the "Journal" link on my signature and it'll take you to my Journal where I do a semi-write up of what I did.
I've seen your car, but haven't read installation. Thanks. I'll do angel eyes first later, and then I'll think of a bit different location for LEDs and use you journal to do the installation:biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
I've seen your car, but haven't read installation. Thanks. I'll do angel eyes first later, and then I'll think of a bit different location for LEDs and use you journal to do the installation:biggrin:
Make sure you post pics of the halos! Think of something unique for the LED's and surprise me. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make sure you post pics of the halos! Think of something unique for the LED's and surprise me. :biggrin:
Sure,will post them. I think of putting LEDs on the upper side of the headlight, and may be bending slightly (LED eye brow). :cool:

By the way, has anybody used LED bulbs for headlights or fog lights? Are they good? I can see a lot of them on ebay. :icon_question:

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Sure,will post them. I think of putting LEDs on the upper side of the headlight, and may be bending slightly (LED eye brow). :cool:
Are you gonna bake them and seal them inside or just go the exterior route? I'm not familiar with the MY05 hood. Could you put them on top of the headlights, under the hood?

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you gonna bake them and seal them inside or just go the exterior route? I'm not familiar with the MY05 hood. Could you put them on top of the headlights, under the hood?
I think you can put them on top, I did the same on my Outback. But looked kinda silly, and they fell off after a few weeks. I'll seal LEDs inside the headlight, but in case of angel eyes will go exterior route because everybody says it's PITA to take fogs off. Also easy to take them off in case they don't look good if you go exterior route.

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Seems like you'd have to take the fogs out regardless. How do the halos work? It's just a flourescent-ish bulb, right? Can you just clip it on to the outside of the fogs?

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems like you'd have to take the fogs out regardless. How do the halos work? It's just a flourescent-ish bulb, right? Can you just clip it on to the outside of the fogs?
Yep, i think halos are just a flourescent-ish bulb, but i've seen LED types as well and some them are DIYs. I think you can definietly clip them outside. I'll look at different ways to do it and then report back whether it's necessary to take the fogs off, or is there easier way

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.0XT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I looked at your forester. What's PZEV stands for? Is it like limited, sport limited and other variants?:icon_question:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts