Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 19 Sport and saw what seems to be an LED out in the overhead switch panel. Am I correct or it there only supposed to be 1 blue LED on?

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Just picked up my 19 Sport and saw what seems to be an LED out in the overhead switch panel. Am I correct or it there only supposed to be 1 blue LED on?
I too have a Sport and will check mine later; unless someone else posts first.

But, I do believe there are two blue led map lights. Warranty visit!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
I’m a bit late posting back but the map light only has one bulb. The drivers side light is nonexistent. Here’s a pic of mine.
Vehicle Car Multimedia Minivan

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
258 Posts
That’s odd, you can tell there is no diode in the driver’s side. I assume it is molded that way for cars with the steering wheel on the “wrong” side.😉

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
That’s odd, you can tell there is no diode in the driver’s side. I assume it is molded that way for cars with the steering wheel on the “wrong” side.😉
Haha, I think you’re probably right. It could either be an oversight by Subaru or Subaru being “Safety-ru,” decides that drivers do not need a map light as they shouldn’t be doing anything other than driving. If a driver wanted a light they would need to pull over and then use the overhead dome light. Kinda makes sense but still.

That's just lame. They could have had two LED lights instead.
I have thought about adding one and just tapping into the existing led.

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did notice it was missing after looking at it during the day. After thinking about it I'm kind of glad it's missing as it might become annoying while driving at night.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
951 Posts
Subaru calls this a "shower light" to put a slight amount of light on the center console. I hadn't noticed my 2017 outback had one and even some older cars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,570 Posts
ABSOLUTELY right! Right hand, left hand cars. Only 1 LED:wink2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts