Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started experimenting with the ZEVO series LED bulbs that Sylvania offers. The 921 is shown for backup lights, but not the daytime running lights. I assume that would not be DOT compliant? However, I am curious if anyone has tried them?

·
Registered
15 Forester CVT
277 Posts
The daytime running lights on the 14+ Forester is the high beam bulb. If you want a worse high beam, but a much brighter DRL, then install LED high beam bulbs.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,146 Posts
With the possible exception of a few recent high-end models that I'm not really familiar with, Subaru has since time immemorial used headlights, dimmed by a resistor, as their implementation of DRLs. Sometimes high beam, sometimes low. There are other lights that people sometimes turn on in daytime for that purpose, otherwise known as parking lights, corner lights, and possibly other names as well. But they aren't official DRLs.

Without knowing what setup you have, we just can't offer any useful assistance. Here's our standard request:

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP".

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
If indeed you have a Forester with another implementation of DRLs, then please post a picture so we might be able to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use the Zevo 921s in the C-light of my 18 forester. They just barely fit but work well. I don't think they're bright enough that I'd use them as my only DRL, but they do distribute light well and throw a lot of light to the side of the vehicle .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts