Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this question goes here. Please move if necessary.

I've been invited to participate in a 6 week summer program after some pretty extensive auditioning and interviewing. I'll be majoring in Percussion for this program, and I'm more than excited to just drum for all that time. But...the Fozzie can't come along :icon_cry:

So I need to know what should be done to "Roo" before I leave to prepare for what will be, after other vacations, a 2 month period of neglect. Electrical is the first thing that comes to mind -- sucking battery juice? Any thing y'all can contribute would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone in the Atlanta area could volunteer to come give'r a quick drive and detail once a week? :biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Live in South Cobb I would be willing to come by once a week to start it up or even drive it a little bit. Let me know.:rock:
Haha thanks man! I was really just joking around, but thanks so much for the generosity. Hopefully I can convince my parents to at least start it every once in a blue moon.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,696 Posts
Change the oil, if it's nearly do. Do the trickle charger by running a power cord out to where you have the charger under the hood. IMO, if you're going to run the engine, it needs to be run/driven until it fully up to temperature, or it'll cause more problems than letting it sit with the trickle charger. Just running the vehicle for a short time won't fully charge the battery, it may actually deplete the battery charge. :smile:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Change the oil, if it's nearly do. Do the trickle charger by running a power cord out to where you have the charger under the hood. IMO, if you're going to run the engine, it needs to be run/driven until it fully up to temperature, or it'll cause more problems than letting it sit with the trickle charger. Just running the vehicle for a short time won't fully charge the battery, it may actually deplete the battery charge. :smile:

Bobby...

Gotcha. Thanks for the warning. Just curious, what's the thinking behind changing the oil? Losing life over that period of time?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,696 Posts
Engine oil has a detergent additive to keep contaminants in suspension. If the oil is old, it's going to have a lot of nasties suspended in the oil. Better to have fairly fresh oil if it's going to sit awhile. It's what I'd do if it were my Forester. :wink:

Bobby...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.