Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

I just came from the dealership, where I am very tempted to lease a Forester Premium (Package 15 I think he called it), the one that has the Automatic Lift gate. I'm looking to give 0 down, or in other words $500 as the first payment. I drive a lot so I need 18K miles, which they are able to achieve by giving me a 15K lease with the maximum prepay of 3K x 3 at $0.10 per mile, so $(900).

So, all in all, the deal goes like thisL $500 + 35 payments of 415 (includes taxes) = $15,025. This deal should take care of all the fees and plate. I plan on crying until I get it down to $400 even.

First of all, is this a good deal? Can anyone recommend a better deal? I would have liked leather, but too expensive, I also don't have a garage so it might be too hot for our weather.

I've never leased before, and I'm afraid of how they'll want to charge me at the end of the lease, so I have doubts regarding getting a wear and tear protection product, and prepaid maintenance product, 18K miles / year = 54K miles so I will be going over some major services such as the 30K service and some other ones. Do I really need to bring my car to de dealership for all maintenance while leasing?

Whatever you can recommend, please share, not a sensitive person, so just speak up LOL.

Thank you

Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. Do you care to share more about the trim level, package, etc you got? what F&I products you got with it? Downpayment? I have a few reasons to lease, as I am doing it with for business purposes, but that is a subject for another question I'm planning to post.

Thanks

Rich

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
$1000 down ,Base model,alloys,roof rails, cloth seats, no bells or whistles like Eeyesight,adaptive cruise,lane assist, moonroof, heated,power setts)
...27000 mi/yr

F & I products?

Search " price paid" and you'll have lots to read

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finance and insurance, such as warranties, prepaid maintenance, and all that useless and useful products the “real salesman” (finance manager ) sells you

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
999 Posts
Heres my take on it. And its just my opinion, so its worth what you paid for it.
Some vehicle brands are “Lease only”
Like my wife’s Jaguar. No way Im owning that out of warranty period. It’s beautiful and drives really nice, but…its a Jaguar. Yea. You wouldn’t want to own it past warranty.
That goes for MB, BMW ect…
My buy and hold for the long haul list which includes my 17’ Touring in order of priority is:
Toyota
Honda/Subaru
GM

Not sure where you are in SFla but we live both in NJ and Naples Fla.
Deals seems to be better in NJ. That being said I still leased the 3.0 F Pace in Naples but bought my Forester here in NJ. Deal was way better up here at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres my take on it. And its just my opinion, so its worth what you paid for it.
Some vehicle brands are “Lease only”
Like my wife’s Jaguar. No way Im owning that out of warranty period. It’s beautiful and drives really nice, but…its a Jaguar. Yea. You wouldn’t want to own it past warranty.
That goes for MB, BMW ect…
My buy and hold for the long haul list which includes my 17’ Touring in order of priority is:
Toyota
Honda/Subaru
GM

Not sure where you are in SFla but we live both in NJ and Naples Fla.
Deals seems to be better in NJ. That being said I still leased the 3.0 F Pace in Naples but bought my Forester here in NJ. Deal was way better up here at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I do appreciate your input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts