Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Manual 5sp.
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a favor to ask anyone who might be under their car soon.

The trans on my '04 XT 5 speed has been leaking fluid for a little while. Slow leak, but it drives me nuts. Can't figure out where it's coming from. Everything seems to be sealed up tight. It's not coming from the axles. But after getting under my car a few days ago I noticed that I do have one bolt that looks like it's not completely threaded into the case. It's toward the front of the trans, about half way up, on the passenger side. I can't fathom why this bolt wouldn't be threaded in all the way, but maybe it's supposed to be like that?

If anyone is under their car soon, can you take a look at and see if you have something like that? Just curious if I should crank this sucker down all the way and hopefully stop my leak (although I don't know why this would stop the leak) or just leave it be due to it putting tension on something.... errr... something.

Should all bolts be tight, and if so, to what torque specs? I can't, honestly, for the life of me, figure out where this leak if coming from.

·
Premium Member
2005 xt 6mt
126 Posts
My 5mt doesn't even have that bolt,
that space and the one above it are empty,
my tranny never leaked, so I doubt it is your problem,
but feel free to tighten, or remove

1 - 6 of 6 Posts