Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03 Forester XS MT
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Petroleum Quality Institute of America

This was just posted on another forum. I would personally try to use a good synthetic 5w20, or PYB/QS based on PQIA's testing. Your higher quality synthetics will have lower volatility and that may help lower your oil consumption.

Mobil 1 0w20 is a good 40-50% PAO based on the Japanese MSDS. Amsoil 5w20/0w20 probably contain even more than that. (not that PAO is the end all of base oils. Many high end III's are on par) PU is around 5% I believe. (GTL) Significantly lower than the average oils posted in the link above.

Disappointed in NextGen. Not a good showing for them. Yikes.

·
Registered
2004 FXT / 2020 Outback Onyx XT
1,678 Posts
The Petroleum Quality Institute of America

This was just posted on another forum. I would personally try to use a good synthetic 5w20, or PYB/QS based on PQIA's testing. Your higher quality synthetics will have lower volatility and that may help lower your oil consumption.

Mobil 1 0w20 is a good 40-50% PAO based on the Japanese MSDS. Amsoil 5w20/0w20 probably contain even more than that. (not that PAO is the end all of base oils. Many high end III's are on par) PU is around 5% I believe. (GTL) Significantly lower than the average oils posted in the link above.

Disappointed in NextGen. Not a good showing for them. Yikes.

SOPUS FTW! There really isn't a Forester that specs 5W-20 conventional, but the NOACK on Shell oils is amazing (as are the Pennzoil Ultra synthetics).

In another thread, someone mentioned recycled oil being cheap junk and I basically said they were crazy. I guess I'm eating crow now. :LOL: Hopefully, this was just a fluke.

-Dennis

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts