Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Touring
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had good times and bad times with this car. EyeSight issues, or creaking noise all around was driving me and my wife crazy. Finally made a decision to sell it. But I think with our last trip to Big Sur before we sold was enough to pay our respects to this champ. We took it over the clouds (or it took us over the clouds).

So long Forester. We will miss the good times mostly!

Some of the upgrades we had on the car:

Primitive racing under body full skid plates
2" LP Adventure Lift Kit
Black Rhino Boxer wheels
Rigd Supply Ultraswing Spare Tire Carrier w/ Front Runner Fold down Table
BFG KO2 All Terrain Tires
Magnaflow Black Series Exhaust

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT CVT (High Torque)
205 Posts
@CA_Forester Wow, I love the upgrades. That Yakima rooftop tent looks great, how did you like it?

I love the swing out tire carrier table, it almost makes me jealous, but I do love the dual Rotopax mount on the back of my Wilco Hitchhate Solo that I use for a fuel canister and a storage canister for towing/recovery supplies.

What are you going to replace the Forester with?

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Touring
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi @Banjor ! Yakima RTT has been great so far. We just had some clearance issues getting into our garage but then I replaced the factory Yakima mounts with conventional RTT mounting rails that I got from CVT. It gave us about 3" more. I even think about removing them now and attach it to our new rack directly using T-Slot nuts.

Swing out is awesome with the drop down table. RIGd Ultraswing is a great product if anyone is in the market for a spare tire carrier. I had to sell it because of our new car.
We opted in for a 2019 Jeep Rubicon. It's not that Ultraswing does not fit, it's just the fact that Rubicon has it's own tailgate full spare.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,826 Posts
That's wonderful. I've done trips like that, but not in a Forester. I did them in a Toyota Tacoma X-Cab, and I had to sleep under the stars in the truck bed. Good times.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,124 Posts
Awesome pics!
My wife are headed to Big Sur and The Post Ranch Inn early June.
Rental car though.
Is fog a usually an issue that time of year ?
Again beautiful pics and enjoy the new Jeep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Touring
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@DockingPilot In lower altitudes, you will see fog in the morning for sure. It gets better around 2pm.
We were up on the hills most of the time so we were above all that.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport CVT
146 Posts
Great way to send off your Forester and awesome scenery pictures of Big Sur.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts