Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FXT vf37 swapped 4EAT w/ VDC
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, after a lot of research the wife and I finally test drove an SG9.

We've already put a deposit down on it, and we're looking at doing the final paperwork on Monday.

The thing is bone stock from what I can tell, no exhaust, nothing out of place in the engine bay (to my un-subaru trained eye). Which brings me to the first of my questions- Is there anything that isn't immediately visible that can cause problems?

I'm not new to turbocharging or the aftermarket, (though my piston engine knowledge is a bit rusty), what is the standard upgrade path for the autos? How much abuse can they take? The forester is going to be our primary car, so I'm not looking at anything exotic ~300whp is probably going to be the highest extent of it.

Finally, like I said before my piston engine knowledge is a bit rusty (rotary owner for ~7 years) and I'm almost completely green to the boxer engine, so where's a good place to read stickies and get myself caught up?

Thank you.

[I can't post a url to link to the autotrader ad at the dealership]
www . grandsubaru . com
Select inventory > pre-owned
then look for the black 2007 fxt

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Took a quick look for you. Everything looks right, engine bay is all stock. Looks like it's in great shape.

As far as modification, you'll find many options and routes to take. You're goal of around 300whp is well within range. Simple route is turbo and injectors, upgraded intercooler, intake and exhaust, and of course a tune. Many people use an OTS tune however the car will run much better with much more power and safety with a vehicle specific tune.

·
Registered
2007 FXT vf37 swapped 4EAT w/ VDC
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks subie_roo,

It'll be nice not having anything to worry about until the mod bug bites.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,155 Posts
Welcome!

There's some very basic Subaru and Forum info in the stickies at the New Member Introductions Forum, in the FAQ that's linked from my thread there, and in the stickies at the top of the various tech forums.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Thanks subie_roo,

It'll be nice not having anything to worry about until the mod bug bites.
Of course! They can be VERY fun cars. Lots of suspension options and performance options out there. You'll have a great time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts