Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
£3000. Not a Greek drachma less. That guy who parts them out will give me almost that much. But of course that would be wrong in many ways.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,087 Posts
Have you tried advertising on Ebay Motor Classifieds or Pistonheads ?

Or Just wait until the UK gets a threat of snow, surely it would sell for more then ?

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTE 5 speed manual
284 Posts
£3000. Not a Greek drachma less. That guy who parts them out will give me almost that much. But of course that would be wrong in many ways.

In my view, Greek dramas tend to be overly emotional....

Sad to see that price attached....and the prospect of a breaker 😳

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think part of the issue is that no-one realises the difference all the stuff I've done makes to the handling of the car. The way it responds to steering inputs is completely different from 99% of other Subarus including all of the STI imprezas I've driven. It's more like a lotus or something. Just the tiniest input has it darting into the apex and body roll is nonexistent. Truth is that on the road it's probably too good although I suppose I ought not to say that.

·
Administrator
12,328 Posts
The unfortunate reality is that the vehicle is now 14 years old and, regardless of what mods have been made, the price people are prepared to pay reflect that fact. It's the same over here; there's been some very nice modified rides for sale but they still only fetch the same price as a non-modified motor. Sad but true!

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
358 Posts
Would have thought 3-4k would be an acceptable price as a buyer.

Try gumtree, auto trader and ebay.

Put in key things like "great for snow", "enough room for family but still fun"... I reckon it'll attract the right attention.

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truth is I hoped to sell it on here where people are largely reasonable human beings. I guess I'm fussy about where it ends up. I realise that's not in the book of how to sell cars.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mot history might put people off, with a 4 year gap and getting the same advisorys a couple of years on the bounce

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was fully stripped and inspected at 100k after a blown head gasket. Everything that was needed was replaced. Also the last MOT didn't have advisories. That's the problem though - it never gets used except to drive to the MOT centre.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts